At Kinaxis, who we are is grounded in our common belief that people matter. Each one of us plays an important part in accomplishing our work, building our culture and making a global impact.
Every day, we're empowered to work together to help our customers make fast, confident planning decisions. This is how we create a better planet – for each other, for our customers and for generations to come. Our cloud-based platform RapidResponse ensures that the products we need – everything from medicine and cars, to day-to-day items like toothpaste – make it to market and into our hands when we need them with minimal ecological footprint.
We make the world better, and you can too.
Lead Software Developer, Scala
Job location: Our office is in (Ottawa) AND (Toronto), but, you can be Anywhere in Canada (REMOTE)
We are a specialized software engineering team focusing on Big Data and AI on Cloud within Kinaxis. We work closely with our fellow Data Engineers and Data Scientists to build next cutting-edge innovative and industrial-strength Big Data and AI solutions for the global supply chains and transform them into scalable, secure and maintainable systems.
What You Will Do
- Design and implement Big Data platform for AI.
- Interpret and analyze business use-cases and feature requests into technical designs and development tasks.
- Collaborate with a number of teams on system architecture and design.
- Organize and conduct design sessions and code reviews.
- Participate agile rituals such as pair programming, backlog refinements and retrospectives.
- Investigate and troubleshoot defects in a timely fashion
- Effectively communicate technical and product knowledge to stakeholders at various levels such as engineers, product managers, engineer managers, architects, and upper management
What We Are Looking For
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- 2+ years of experience in software development with Scala (or similar functional programming language)
- Experience in designing and maintaining large data-oriented systems
- Leadership through strong software engineering knowledge and discipline
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
Things That Would Help
- Spark, Hive, Kubernetes, Helm and Terraform
- ETL and data warehouse/lake experience
- Cloud (Azure, GCP or AWS) Experience
What we have to offer
- Challenging Work - We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never "done. That's because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they're passionate about.
- Great People - We take our work seriously, but we don't take ourselves too seriously! It's in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact - As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - Diversity, equity and inclusion are more than words to us. They are the guiding principles for building a culture where we celebrate each others' differences, continuously strive for equality and recognize that inclusion makes us stronger as individuals, a company and a global citizen.
For more information, visit the Kinaxis web site at www.kinaxis.com or the company's blog at http://blog.kinaxis.com/.
Kinaxis strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply to our welcoming community. We strive to make our website and application process accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com. This contact information is for accessibility requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Job Type: Full-time