The Program Manager demonstrates a deep commitment to the highest standard of Early Years professional practice, including the development and delivery of experiences for both children and families. Reporting to the Program Director, the Program Manager is responsible for overseeing the delivery of a range of licensed programs for children 3 months to 5 years old.
Key duties include:
- Administration and management of quality child care, children and family programs
- Supervising staff, volunteers and students
- Human resources management , including recruitment, orientation, training, and performance management
- Parent engagement and support
- Facility and equipment maintenance
- Implementing agency policies and ensuring the programs meet all legal and licensing requirements
- Communication and interactions with families, staff, volunteers, other professionals and agencies
In addition to being a wonderful and positive person & team player, you must have:
- Basic ECE & Infant/Toddler license to practice in BC
- Occupational First Aid certificate and Food Safe Level 1 certificates
- At least 3 years of supervisory experience managing multiple child care programs and teams
- Experience with program development, program planning, assessment and evaluation
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication
- Demonstrated success in teamwork, leadership and supervision
- Flexibility and ability to function independently
- The ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and deadlines
- Strong knowledge and awareness of BC Early Learning Framework, emergent curriculum and family engagement strategies.
Your additional assets may include:
- A degree in early childhood education, family studies, social work, or related field or equivalent education and experience.
- Special Needs certification
- Valid Drivers’ License and vehicle
Terms of Employment:
- Competitive compensation package including an excellent benefits plan
- Temporary full-time until August 17, 2020 (possibility of extension); management position
- Starting: ASAP
Closing Date/Time: 5:00pm on Thursday, April 4, 2019 and will remain open until filled.
Please reference posting #TempPM-190321 in your email subject line and/or application.
We thank all applicants. However, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- supervisor: 3 years (Preferred)
- FoodSafe Level 1 (Required)
- Occupational First Aid Level 1 (Required)
- ECE IT (Required)