Packaging Manager/Cellarman/Assistant Brewer
Stonehooker Brewing Company is a new, start-up brewery located in Port Credit, Ontario. We are looking to grow our brewing team with an energetic and experienced person. Our projected speed of growth promises career opportunities for motivated individuals. We are looking for dedicated, driven individuals who are passionate about brewing delicious, high quality beer to join our great company.
The primary focus of this position is providing support to our brew staff through various cellaring and brewing activities. This role will touch all areas of the brewhouse from time to time; production, cellaring, inventory, packaging etc.
- Quality assurance
- Assisting brewing team with brewing related issues, projects
- Troubleshooting equipment problems within the brewhouse
- Beer transfers – tank to tank/prep beers for packaging
- Filtration of select beers
- Cleaning, sanitation and maintenance of brewhouse equipment and cellars
- Managing the Packaging process on our 4 head Wild Goose canning line and kegging beer using our washer/filler unit and manual filler
- Sanitizing of tanks, filter equipment, hoses, etc.
- Proper handling of chemicals required for sanitization and cleaning of equipment
- Understanding and practicing all internal safety standards
- Being an everyday ambassador for delicious Stonehooker beer
Experience & Requirements
- Passion for all things Craft Beer with a focus on the local community
- Good trouble shooting skills, and strong mechanical/electrical aptitude
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- A problem solver with attention to detail
- Prior commercial brewing experience preferred
- Good knowledge of brewing recipes, styles, raw ingredients and process
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a team, with minimal supervision
- Enjoys working under pressure and at a fast pace
- Experience handling chemicals with an emphasis on cleaning and sanitizing protocols
- Experience in a production environment preferred; experience with brewing an asset.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive motions for extended periods of time
- Must be able to frequently lift 50 to 100 pounds
- Understanding of the craft beer lifestyle
- Knowledge of Wild Goose 4 head system is an asset.
- Monitoring the beer in the cellar
- Basic lab work
- Organizing and scheduling packaging in kegs and cans
- Maintaining adequate inventory for packaging
- Assist with brewing on 15 HL system.
Job Type: Full-time