Reporting to the Director HR based in the USA this stand-alone position is responsible for providing a generalist HR service to the Brampton, ON manufacturing location. The role will act as a first point of contact for all human resources related issues including but not limited to employee engagement, recruitment and selection, health and safety, workers compensation, performance management, communications, effective roll-out of corporate wide HR initiatives and programs, payroll and benefits administration, employee development and ensuring compliance with all legislative and ethical requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build strong relationships with all levels in the organization by providing value added HR advice and counsel across a wide variety of Human Resources activities.
- Manage end to end recruitment process (sourcing, posting, behavioral based interviewing) and work with line management to assess recruitment needs and determine the best source for recruiting candidates.
- Manage third party recruitment agency relationships as well as other HR vendor partners as required.
- Ensure the fair and equitable application of HR policies and procedures.
- Foster a culture of positive employee relations and counsel line management on employee relations issues.
- Manage the disability management and return to work programs in collaboration with the Line Manager.
- Provide a forum for communication that fosters an environment of openness, trust and cooperation including but not limited to Monthly Town Halls and Focus Groups.
- Facilitate social engagement and recognition events such as Service Awards, Employee of the Month, Holiday Meals, Community Involvement Events, Picnics etc.
- Manage data input and reporting into payroll, benefit and other related HR systems.
- Administer benefit and reimbursement programs such as Health, Dental, Vision, Insurances, Retirement and Safety Workwear Reimbursement.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory and legislative requirements such as ESA (Employment Standards), Ontario Human Rights Code, AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act), OHSA (Occupational Health and Safety Act) and other applicable legislation.
- Plan and conduct new hire orientation & training, annual training and ongoing developmental training.
- Administer the Performance Review Program & Salary Administration program in accordance with Corporate Operating Rules.
- Support Corporate on HR projects and programs as assigned.
- Coordinate Joint Health and Safety Committee Meetings, Fire and Evacuation Audits, Accident Investigations, and other safety related activities and programs.
- Manage internal investigations and employee issues working with Corporate as required.
- Develops and executes strategies around talent development and retention in addition to Safety, Harassment Prevention, Interviewing, Hiring, Terminations, Performance Management, and Coaching/Counseling.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Self-motivated in taking initiative to achieve results with minimum supervision.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work effectively with a diverse range of employees at all levels in the organization.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities and activities.
- Strong influence and relationship-building skills.
- Knowledge of employee relations principles, practices, methods, and programs.
- Knowledge and understanding of employment and labor laws, regulations, procedures, and standards.
- Ability to develop and present development programs and/or workshops.
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
- Management of multiple HR & Safety related objectives simultaneously, requiring an energetic, forward thinking individual with high, unwavering ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
QUALIFICATIONS / PRIOR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Management or related field.
- 3-5 Years of experience in Human Resources at a Generalist level.
- Experience in working in a manufacturing environment with a strong emphasis on creating a culture of high employee engagement.
- CHRP/CHRL certification desirable.
- Previous experience of payroll processing and benefits administration.
- Knowledge of employment and workplace safety legislation.
- Knowledge of Safety & Health programs appropriate to manufacturing.
- Knowledge of Payroll Processing, Reporting, and related functions.
- Ability to drive Human Resource & Safety Program at the facility level.
AmesburyTruth is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform us of any accommodations you may require. The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Disability insurance
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Company pension
- Flexible working hours
- On-site parking
- Company events & social hours
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
- Human Resources: 3 years (Required)