Symphony Senior Living is a leading provider of quality senior services in Canada; we provide private pay services to residents in our beautiful communities, from independent living, through to end of life. We are the true alternative to a Long-Term Care facility – to that end we are NOT a medical institution we are the HOME to many seniors of many levels of ability. We Serve BOTH our Seniors and Their loved ones.
We are currently seeking a passionate and experienced team member to join our team as administrative assistant. The community serves seniors needing assisted living and memory care.
You should be interested in this position if you love working with people and you find the challenge of connecting and serving residents with physical needs rewarding! We require, someone who is compassionate and driven to provide a high quality, interactive, residential and compassionate environment to the resident, their families and the team. Our residents and families pay for all costs, so you must be able to understand budgeting and be a good steward of the resources available and our customer needs.
The perfect candidate may have experience with a variety of industries including hospital, retirement home or long-term care. We will teach you our systems, programs and philosophy, but we cannot teach compassion and empathy, so you will demonstrate those to us in an interview process.
- To support the CEO and executive team
- To organize the calendar of the CEO and Executive team meetings
- To assist with company events and functions, to ensure communications throughout company of key initiatives.
- To support the Symphony mission and philosophy
- To handle in bound calls and issues in a professional and timely manner.
Other Items to be aware of:
- Symphony is an equal opportunity employer
- This position is a Non-Union position
- This position included working every other weekend
- You must pass a Vulnerable sector back ground check
- You must be able to work with dogs, cats and other animals, allergies or other needs cannot be accommodated.
- Due to our high level of residents with dementia; your tattoos and piercings must either remained covered by clothing or are discrete. Any other external body decoration, including hair, must not be frightening to a frail senior with dementia.
- You must be legally allowed to work in Canada
- You must be in good physical health as this job requires lifting, sitting, standing and walking.
- Must be able to read and write in English to a minimum High School Level
- Must have received two doses of the COVID vaccine.
- Negative COVID test result prior to commencing employment.
- Should there be an outbreak, must be able to carry out their duties.
Symphony Senior Living provided the following inclusive hiring information:
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
Successful candidate must have three doses of the COVID vaccine, must be willing to work their shifts with a mask on at all times and must be able to work during a outbreakd - COVID or otherwise.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $38,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Administrative Assistants & Receptionists: 1 year (preferred)
- Front desk: 1 year (preferred)
- Administrative experience: 1 year (preferred)