Welcome to GFL Camrose!!
We are a dynamic, growth-oriented and safety-focused company. Providing collection and processing for Waste, Recycling and Organics, GFL stretches across North America with over 9,000 employees. With customer service and safety as our focus, we are looking for a full time energetic and driven Heavy Equipment Operator to support our growing company.
With an eye to continued growth and development, we offer the following:
- A healthy and safe workplace culture
- Continuous growth and opportunity for career advancement
- A competitive RRSP/DPSP program (after 1 year of employment), helping you plan for financial success down the road
- Modern and well-maintained equipment
- Comprehensive benefits package for you and your family
Career stability and advancement is well within the reach of driven and motivated employees!
As the Heavy Equipment Operator you will be responsible for the efficient and effective operation of landfilling equipment performing the task of processing waste.
- Operate heavy landfill equipment such as, excavators, loaders, landfill packers, rock truck, skid steers, roll off truck and dozers.
- Verify the equipment is in working order through daily pre and post inspections
- Move and position raw materials and finished components with use of material moving equipment
- Perform daily maintenance and cleaning activities
- Actively participate in safety meetings and safety culture
- Service 40 yard bins on site and deliver bins to designated processors in the Edmonton Area
- Other duties that may arise as assigned by Site Supervisor or members of the Management Team.
- 2+ years of operating experience with Heavy Duty Equipment (loaders, landfill packers, rock truck, skid steers and dozers)
- Work experience in the waste, recycling or environmental services industries an asset, however not a requirement
- Clean Drivers Abstract
- Valid class 3 license to legally operate the roll off truck on provincial roads.
- Mechanical aptitude coupled with strong hand/eye coordination
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to multi-task & ability to prioritize tasks
- Responsible individual with positive attitude and sense of pride
- Customer service focused and supportive of co-workers
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Safety conscious
- Some travel between Camrose/Leduc will be required
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- heavy equipment mechanic: 2 years (Required)
- Class 3 Driver's (Required)