Join a dynamic and exciting team in the White Rock/South Surrey Area. Open yourself to a wealth of opportunities in your career in childcare.
Creative Kids Learning Centers is searching for a permanent full-time/part time Before and After School Supervisor who can lead and support a busy and active school aged program in a Supervisory role.
Why do you want to work at Creative Kids?
*Organization has opted into Wage Enhancement - an additional $2.00 per/hr come April (For ECE qualified staff)
*Extended Medical and Dental Benefits available after 90 days
*Pension Plan available after 90 days
*Free Workshops available for renewal hours
*2 weeks paid vacation your first year
*50% childcare discount
*Organization is run by ECE educated professionals
*Responsive and caring management
*Sub list available for time off
*Bonus Time Accrual your first year to use for sick days/personal days your second year
*Bonus for having your Class 4 license and willing to drive
You will have strengths in:
- Leading a team and being a role model
- Planning, implementing and evaluating activities and experiences to meet individual and group needs of all children and families of a child care program.
- Guiding and caring for a group of children ages 5-12 years and have experience supporting children who have challenging behaviours
- Encouraging learning and developing positive self-concepts for children
- Ensuring a healthy and safe environment for children.
- Effective and cooperative teamwork and communication.
- Maintaining positive and supportive relationships with parents and families.
You will have:
- Responsible Adult certificate
- First Aid training and current certification.
- Clear Criminal Record Check
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Minimum 1 year childcare supervisory experience working with a variety of cultures and family dynamics in an inclusive child care setting
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Word and Excel
- Well developed interpersonal skills, including oral and written communication.
- Strong knowledge and awareness of age-appropriate programming and development needs of children
- Ability to professionally deal with family and parenting issues and needs
- Knowledge of the broader childcare field and its role in the community
- Must have Class 2 or 4 drivers license (for school bus) (or willingness to obtain)
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- school aged group childcare: 1 year (Required)
- South Surrey, BC (Preferred)
- Class 2 or 4 (Preferred)
- Responsible Adult or higher (Required)