You too can live the Vibrant Okanagan Lifestyle!
If you are a caring and skilled individual who enjoys working with Seniors, we want to hear from you!
Relocation incentives available. Monthly education opportunities with our in-house Nursing Educator. Mentorship and support from our Chief Nursing Officer. Employer funded benefit plan available for full and part time staff. Flexible schedules to support work life balance. Locally owned and modern communities.
We are looking for a reliable full-time Program Manager to work at our 72 – bed complex care site, Mount Ida Mews, located in Salmon Arm, BC.
- Leads the program team, clients, families and other stakeholders to continuously update the program descriptions to meet the short and long term needs of clients within the program area;
- Leads members of the program team in identifying client goals and health care needs; monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of individual Client Care Plans; and guides team members in the identification of changing care needs;
- Champions the development, implementation, evaluation and revision of program activities within a social model framework. Ensures services meet changing needs of the client population and service delivery; in accordance with provincial standards and regulatory requirements. Liaises with Health Authority representatives as needed;
- As an integral member of the Leadership team, participates in decision-making in matters related to health and safety, continuous quality improvement and financial, risk and human resource management. Participates in care conferences, Community and Neighbourhood Council meetings and client / family meetings as required;
- Provides leadership and direction for the program team responsible for the provision of continuing care services by fostering and promoting new initiatives, interpreting and implementing care related policies and procedures, scheduling and assigning work, monitoring and evaluating performance and recruiting, developing and/or terminating employees.
- Leads and coordinates the development of in-service education programs in support of program goals and stakeholder needs. Delivers workshops to orientate and support the professional development of program team members. Mentors Program Coordinators to lead daily program activities in support of client-centred care and services;
- Oversees the development of client-centred service plans that support quality of life and integration with other clients within the neighbourhood. Supports clients/families in accessing appropriate programs, resources and social services within the inner/outer community; and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing and or Nursing Diploma;
- Full scope of practice RN/RPN with membership in good standing with the College of Registered Nurses of BC or College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses of BC;
- Home & Community Care experience is preferred;
- Minimum three years management experience involving a multidisciplinary team, budgetary responsibilities and quality management processes;
- Computer literacy/MDS interRAI competency required.
Job Type: Full-time
- Home & Community Care: 1 year (Preferred)
- Management: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- College of Registered Nurses of BC (Required)
- College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses of BC (Preferred)