Union: ONA Nursing
Location: KW Campus
Work Type: Temporary Part Time
Contract End Date: July 31, 2022
Shift: 11.25 hours shifts (2D/2N)
Provision of exemplary pediatric patient care that is patient and family focused and based on current best evidence. Provision of education and support to patients and their families in a safe, efficient and responsive manner. Collaboration within the multidisciplinary team to support a safe, productive, and respectful working environment.
- Valid license with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- One year of recent experience in acute pediatric nursing. Nurses who have recently graduated who have consolidated in Pediatrics for their final placement will be considered.
- Current BCLS HCP certification
- Completion of a 16hr in-person breastfeeding course mandatory. Course will be required to be completed within 6 months of hire.
- Current PALS Provider status. Applicants not holding PALS provider status may be considered however course will be required to be completed within 6 months of hire.
- Good attendance record
Demonstrated Skill in
- Care of the neonatal and pediatric patient and family
- Pediatric venipuncture and IV insertion an asset
- Clear communication within a multidisciplinary team
- Computer based documentation
- Care of central lines, intravenous medication administration and fluid management
- Care of pediatric patients with diabetes (type I and II), acute respiratory illnesses requiring non-invasive intervention, acute asthma exacerbations, sepsis, and oncological and hematological diagnoses. • Critical thinking skills and problem solving under challenging circumstances.
- Highly motivated & self-directed
- Respectful, collaborative manner in dealing with colleagues and patients
- High level of maturity and professionalism
- Compassionate and understanding
- Sound/realistic decision making
- Flexible and able to balance competing priorities
- Reflective practitioner
- Patient and family centered approach to providing care
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our patients, staff and community from COVID-19, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, Grand River Hospital requires that all staff have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE RECEIVED UNTIL THE POSTING IS CLOSED.
Please include a resume with your application in order to ensure that your qualifications are appropriately considered in the hiring process.
Grand River Hospital is committed to fair and equitable employment and in our recruitment and selection practices. We strongly believe in inclusion and diversity within our organization, and welcome all applicants including, but not limited to: racialized communities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ persons, Indigenous people, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of our Hospital community. We are committed to providing and fostering a respectful workplace for all employees, free from violence and harassment. Grand River Hospital is a proud member of the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion (CCDI).
Upon individual request, the hospital will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate candidates, including those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources in advance for assistance.