Mount Norquay is hiring full-time Snowmaking team members with immediate starts available. If you want to work outside in Banff National Park with an amazing crew and great team in a fun, ski resort environment, this could be the employment you are looking for!
The role involves using machines to make snow, preparing the machines and helping to move them around the resort as well as checking on them to ensure the best quality snow is being made. As part of the role, you may be required to use ATV’s, snowmobiles and hand tools. This role can be physically demanding and you will be required to carry large hoses, dig and shovel snow and a range of other duties. All training will be provided. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking for a varied role, loves working outside and looking for an opportunity to develop your skillset. In addition, for the right candidate, there would be a full-time future position in our maintenance team.
· Willingness to work outside for extended periods of time in all weather conditions.
· Previous experience operating ATV’s and snowmobiles (preferred)
· Ability to lift 75lbs and be on your feet all day
· Previous snowmaking experience is an asset although full training is provided
· Flexible schedule to cover a range of shifts (Snowmaking)
· Excellent team working skills
· Ability to work on steep slopes and at heights
· Technical mindset (preferred)
· Alberta Driver’s license (preferred)
· Bonus system in place - $2 for every hour worked rewarded at the end of your contract
· Free summer sightseeing chair lift access and other summer activities
· Free ski pass to Mount Norquay in winter
· Free tubing in winter
· Reciprocals to other ski hills in winter
· Discounted food and beverages
· Staff transportation from Banff town
· Very flexible working hours and days off
Please forward a resume and cover letter to Mount Norquay Operations.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $18.00-$20.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Banff, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)