YMCA of Northern BC
P.O. Box 1808, 2020 Massey Drive, Prince George, BC V2L 4V7 | 250-562-9341 | nbc.ymca.ca
Early Years Educator- Assistant (ECE-A)
The YMCA of Northern BC is seeking qualified, passionate
applicants to join our Prince George early years team!
Working at the YMCA means you are part of a fun, positive working
environment. At the YMCA, people are our greatest asset. We provide
professional development opportunities, free trainings, and opportunities
for growth and promotion.
The YMCA is the largest provider of child care in Canada and the YMCA of
Northern BC is the largest not for profit provider here in the North.
Currently, the YMCA of Northern BC operates at 11 locations -child care,
preschool and out of school care locations in Prince George as well as
Vanderhoof and Fort St. James. We serve over 500 families with over 80
staff. With our new location opening in Fort St. John, we will continue to
grow and provide best-in-class care for more families in the Peace Region.
With our growth comes opportunities for you to grow and succeed with us!
If you believe in the potential of children, from infant to five years old, and
want to help us build healthy communities, this is the job for you! We are a
team of educators who believe in play based educational programming. We
are nurturing, committed to our Playing to Learn™ curriculum, possess
excellent communication skills, positive attitude, and a team work
Major Responsibilities and Abilities:
- Establish and maintain positive daily communication and interaction with families, providing quality child
care, excellent service to families and building meaningful relationships
- Ensure all safety and supervision standards are implemented and maintained according to licensing and
- Enthusiastic and positive nature
- Current and valid License to Practice in BC
- Current Child Care First Aid certification
- Three professional references
- Current Immunization record
- Satisfactory Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Search. The YMCA will provide applicable
instructions and paperwork.
Please apply with cover letter, resume and application (found on our website nbc.ymca.ca) to:
Corrine Hemeryck – Manager of Child Care Operations, Prince George
Various locations in Prince
Full time, Monday –
- $14.35/hr and up
- Starting paid vacation of 3
weeks, or 15 days
- paid sick days
- sick days for family members
- great benefits
- Annual YMCA Pension
contribution of 5%
(excluding infant and toddler
Interviews will commence upon