+VG Architects offers an exceptional and dynamic opportunity for an Intern Architect in our Ottawa office. We are a full-service architectural firm known for innovative approaches to the design of Heritage, Cultural, Educational, Municipal, Justice, Residential and Recreational Buildings including heritage restorations, additions, providing services throughout Canada.
Qualified candidates shall possess:
- Arch or M. Arch with a minimum of 3 years of Architectural experience.
- In depth knowledge of the design process and documentation required for a variety of building types.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are essential.
- Strong client communication, teamwork, collaboration and problem-solving skills required.
- Strong knowledge of Revit, AutoCAD, Lumion, SketchUp, Rhino and V-Ray
- 3D Rendering and graphic skills are an asset
- Working Knowledge of the OBC.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in a variety of project types and project delivery methods.
- Proven technical understanding of building science and construction contracts.
- Time management skills
- Attention to detail.
The successful candidate will be involved with (but not limited to) the following:
- Prepare drawings of plans, elevations, cross sections and details of buildings from rough sketches and/or from general engineering design information according to established standards and procedures.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment with other CAD Technicians, Architects and Engineers with minimal supervision.
- Actively promote and contribute to the successful completion of projects from initial concept, through the planning process to implementation.
- Assume responsibility and meet or improve on deliverable deadlines for own portion of the project scope, schedule and budget.
Only qualified candidates will be considered for this position and only those who meet the specified criteria will be contacted.
For more information visit www.plusvg.com
Please forward resume with contact information and salary expectations by e-mail only.
Job Type: Full-time