We are a property management company in Ottawa looking to add a hardworking, loyal and friendly Building Superintendent to our team.
This full time, permanent position will be awarded to an individual who shows good judgement, reliability, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
This is a live-in position and the successful candidate will be given a non-smoking, 2 bedroom apartment in our building in east Ottawa.
- Help maintain the building and grounds
- Respond to tenant work order requests, and other building work orders as directed by the Maintenance Manager.
- Attend to after hour calls from tenants, when on call
- Participate in an On-Call Rotation Schedule, with other Supers
- Some housekeeping duties will be required as well
- Assisting in the turnover of vacated apartments for new tenants or showings
- Communicating with the Rental Office and Building Management about found issues and potential hazards.
- Project a positive attitude for the benefit of tenants and junior employees
- Working in compliance with all Health & Safety policies, procedures and legislation.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent with 3-5 years related experience
- Ability to read/write and speak English. Bilingualism as asset but not required
- Working knowledge of multi-residential building systems & equipment
- General mechanical skills
- Working knowledge of Ontario Tenant Protection Act is an asset
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- Must be able to provide work references and a clear criminal records check.
Steel Toe Shoes/Boots are required.
Compensation/Salary to be determined by management, based on qualifications and experience.
Job Type: Permanent / Full-time
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- related: 1 year (Required)
- English (Required)
- French (Preferred)