Business Development Specialist
Water Treatment & Mining
Are you looking for an extremely rewarding Business Development position within a focused industry,
which will further develop your outbound sales, communication and relationship-building skills?
Join Univar Solutions, a world leader of Chemical Distribution, listed as one of Fortune 500 companies.
Established in 1924 and with over 90 years of industry knowledge and expertise, we provide more chemical
products, ingredients and related services than any other company in the marketplace. With locations in about
130 countries and over 10,600 employees Worldwide, we are committed to innovation, teamwork, growth and
safety. Univar Solutions is on a mission to redefine distribution and be the most valued chemical and ingredient
distributor on the planet! Read more about us at:
Based out of either Montreal or Toronto, we are searching for a talented, hands-on and goal-oriented individual
who likes to surpass the goals and excel in a fast-paced environment. A big portion of the job includes meeting
clients face-to-face; this will include travelling, work from home and company car perks.
Montreal, QC or Toronto, ON
What you will do:
- Develop and close new opportunities primarily within the Water Treatment and Mining industries with a
focus on technical customer contacts
- Provide technical support and act as a liaison between Sales Representatives & Customers
- Work on technical projects with customer’s R&D teams to provide solutions and competitive offsets
- Actively manage and grow defined customer sales
- Actively communicate qualitative and quantitative updates in CRM tool (Sales Force)
- Work with management teams to develop strategic product and service solutions specific to customers
What you will require:
- Work closely with Product Managers & Suppliers to ensure growth objectives are met
- Participate in industry associations and technical conferences as required
- Other duties as assigned
- University Degree or College Diploma in a related program (such as, but not limited to, science,
chemistry, engineering) with 5 years of application experience in a related industry
- Knowledge of the water treatment market is required
- Must have excellent relationship building skills for interfacing with internal/external customers and
- Strong computer skills are required
- Commercial sales experience is an asset
- Must be bilingual in French and English
- Competitive Compensation Package: base and performance incentive plan
- Generous Retirement Contributions
- Great benefits including medical, dental, eyecare and more!
- Perks: Company car, cellphone, laptop, expense credit card
- An experience to work independently, make your own schedule to plan customer/vendor meetings and
have the ability to work from home for some portion of the job
- A pleasant and supportive place to work with the best co-workers out there
- Enjoyable company events throughout the year: summer BBQ’s, golf tournaments, and more!
- Training and education reimbursement programs
How do I apply?
Please send your resume and cover letter in Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please
indicate the job title and location (Business Development Specialist) in the subject line of your email.
Please note that candidates are subject to background and reference checks.
Join our team today – challenge your limits. Innovate. Grow. Together.