We are currently looking for a Handy/Maintenance Man to assist with the day to day operations, building repairs and maintenance requirements for our portfolio of properties that include: Retail, Industrial, Office and Residential buildings. We are seeking a candidate with at least five (5) years’ experience in Property Management or related field with experience in Electrical & Mechanical Equipment, Preventive Maintenance, and Building Repairs. We are offering a full-time position within Fieldgate Properties with a starting salary range of $40 to 45,000.00 annually depending on experience plus a company vehicle to use during business hours, vacation, and benefits.
Please see the following list of qualifications:
- Handy/Maintenance Man with five (5) years’ experience in property management or related field.
- Electrical & Mechanical experience.
- Preventive Maintenance experience and a full understanding of maintenance procedures.
- Minor building repairs – interior and exterior.
- Excellent trouble shooting skills with the ability to make repairs as necessary.
- Highly self-disciplined with the ability to prioritize tasks and work independently.
- Extremely strong communication and customer service skills.
- Strong leadership skills, team-oriented, results-driven.
- Strong construction knowledge with abilities to communicate with consultants and contractors.
- Be able to communicate effectively to all contractors, trades, tenants, and all Fieldgate staff.
- Have a valid Ontario Driver’s License
Please see the following list of responsibilities:
- Visit all properties as scheduled and perform daily maintenance tasks as required by the Property Manager.
- Fill out and record all property inspection forms when attending a property and hand them in each week for review.
- Schedule, perform, and record preventive maintenance on all Landlord’s equipment at each property as necessary and/or as recommended by the manufacturer.
- To access and maintain all roof systems at each property and ensure the roofs are free and clear of all debris, plant material, and/or litter as necessary. Clean out all roof drains for proper flow.
- To inspect all Common Areas throughout each property and note any potential hazards – tripping hazards, environmental hazards, etc.
- Meet with contractors on site to supervise and assist with any repairs and/or inspections.
- Ensure all keys and lockboxes are in good working condition at each site
- Ensure all heaters in Common Area rooms are in working condition and set for correct time of year and that all rooms are clean and free of debris and fire hazards.
- Check and test all exterior lighting throughout each site by turning on the timers and/or photo-cells.
- Water flowers as necessary and/or as directed by the Property Manager.
Any other duties deemed appropriate by the Property Manage
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year
- maintenance: 5 years (Preferred)