- Do you make that extra trek every morning to get a coffee from your favourite cafe?
- Do you live for a busy work day?
- Do you have old regulars that still follow you on social media?
- Do you bring a big personality to work every day?
Shy Coffee Co is looking for people who have an unhealthy obsession with coffee, to help us keep growing. If you're hard working, fun to work with, and great with customers, consider working with us!
We're currently looking for someone to work either part time or full time in a growing team, with weekend availability a necessity.
- Prepare and serve great quality coffee and tea drinks, while building and maintaining an enjoyable rapport with customers
- Warming and wrapping up/bagging sandwiches and pastries for customers
- Understanding and explaining all the menu offerings in an approachable manner
- Handling customer transactions (TouchBistro and Ritual experience would be a plus)
- Observe relevant health and safety standards
- Coffee Background Necessary. Third wave coffee/semi automatic espresso machine experience heavily preferred
- Retail, hospitality, and/or customer service experience preferred
- Ability to read and speak English proficiently
- Strong ability to multi-task
- Ability to problem solve quickly
- Strong communication skills
- Follow direction well
- Food Handlers Certification required
- Double Vaccinated/Boosted highly preferred
Hourly wage is $16 -$17.75 dependent on experience and availability, with tips, paid breaks, and free food/coffee
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 20-35 per week
Salary: $16.00-$17.75 per hour
- Casual dress
- Discounted or free food
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- All staff required to wear masks when working in the store
- HEPA Air Purifier behind bar
- N95 Masks provided
- Rapid tests provided
- Common use items sterilized regularly
- What part of Toronto do you live?
- Third Wave Coffee: 1 year (preferred)
- Food Handler Certification (preferred)