ABOUT GOWLING WLG
At Gowling WLG, our dedication to excellence and quality service begins with our people. As a global law firm with offices across Canada, the U.K., Europe, the Middle East and Asia, we pride ourselves on sourcing and retaining top talent who bring energy, passion and commitment to the delivery of outstanding client service.
When it comes to diversity, we not only accept it — we celebrate it, support it and thrive on it. To create an engaging and rewarding place to work, we seek to attract talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. Our aim is to help everyone reach their full potential and achieve their personal and professional goals.
Employee satisfaction is important to us. We work hard to ensure that our people are motivated, engaged and empowered. We are guided by our firm’s Core Values - The Power of Teamwork, Always Striving to be Better, We all Bring Something Different - in all that we do.
Our diverse group of legal professionals, law students, law clerks/paralegals, legal administrative assistants and business support services teams work together, and are respected and valued for their individual contributions.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK:
Plans, directs and co-ordinates IT training for all personnel (lawyers, legal assistants, students, etc.) to ensure uniformity to the Firm’s standards. This position receives some direction or guidance; most tasks and objectives are accomplished independently.
1. Schedule, co-ordinate, and conduct computer/application training programs, ensuring that all employees are trained to meet minimum standards required by the Firm.
2. Organize various training outside the regular programs to ensure users are kept abreast of changing technologies, including the design and ongoing development of course materials and the maintenance of all training manuals.
3. Monitor training requirements based on feedback from users and help desk problems.
4. May assist the help desk with coverage of caller queries.
5. Providing end-user support along with other members of the IT Department through the completion of calls assigned by the Help Desk.
6. May be required to assist the IT Department with technical workstation support and systems implementations and rollouts.
7. Preparing written evaluations on tested software.
8. Develop, deploy and conduct testing programs for new users and existing staff for their knowledge and skills on Firm applications.
9. Work with end users to identify improvements of best practices using new processes and applications.
10. Any other duties as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
1. Ability to communicate effectively with other Firm members, with the aptitude to take care of clients’ needs in a professional and courteous manner
2. Capacity to work independently, as well as in a team environment
3. Produce a high quality and quantity of work product, occasionally under tight timelines
4. Able to prioritize and to redefine priorities when necessary
5. Handle stress in a business-like manner
6. Familiarity with various instructional methodologies and approaches
7. Knowledge of Microsoft Windows, document production applications, document management, communication system, and practice-specific applications
8. Experience in software evaluation, needs analysis, software configuration and support
9. Bilingualism (French/English).
10. Experience with any of “iManage, Office 365, Chrome River, SDP, Nuance Power PDF or Expert Time” would be an asset.
1. College diploma in Computer Science or Training
2. Five years relevant experience
Gowling WLG is proud to offer equal employment opportunities.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.