Maplesoft Group is currently seeking a Project Manager to join one of our clients located in Gatineau
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Develop a PMO charter and implementation plan;
- Define and document PMO team development objectives;
- Determine resource requirements (HR and financial), PMO composition, roles, responsibilities and terms of reference for the team;
- Design, implement and monitor operations of the project office against established goals, objectives and milestones as defined in the PMO charter and implementation plan;
- Coach, mentor and direct PMO staff in project management processes (as defined by the Project Management Institute), good practices, methodologies, tools, and requirements as defined within the departmental IMP;
- Develop a results based management framework with identified Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to measure the effectiveness of the PMO and its supporting processes;
- Create the data collection methodology, calculate and report on the KPIs identified in the results based management framework;
- Contribute to the organization's strategic and business planning initiatives, including the directorate’s operational plan, if necessary;
- Develop and document project office control and reporting procedures to manage changes in the PMO implementation plan;
- Develop and document control and reporting procedures and the change control process for all projects (as applicable);
- Develop and document the risk and issue management processes to be used by the project;
- Identify, treat, and manage risks and issues;
- Establish quality control processes by which the project will be managed and must adhere to;
- Monitor all aspects of the project;
- Transfer functional and technical knowledge to the departmental project teams through individual and group training, demonstrations, written instructions and documents on an ongoing basis throughout the life of the project; and
- Maintain all project artifacts as per established document management requirements for the department and TB policy.
- Development and delivery of a project charter;
- Development and delivery of an implementation plan including sub-plans on risk management, schedule, scope, cost and time management;
- Development and fully documented operational processes and practices of how the projects or set of projects will operate and guidance provided to project managers on the project management processes to deliver the identified projects consistent with the departmental requirements and which support effective senior management oversight;
- A quality management framework by which each project will be managed;
- A monthly reporting framework for all projects;
- Establish project document management processes – consistent with TB and departmental policy requirements;
- Development of a standard resource load report to be used by all project managers (as applicable by branch). This report must be designed in such a way as to identify resource loads, resource conflicts, risks, and interdependencies including but not limited to resource allocation and work analysis, and resource load so as to identify risks, gaps, conflicts, inter-dependencies not met to aid in the identification of slippage; and
- A status report on a bi-weekly basis, documenting the progress of the work described above in Tasks, including difficulties which may affect overall schedule and planned tasks for the next reporting period.
Maplesoft Group prides itself on its distinct corporate culture and recognizes that success is a direct reflection of our most valuable asset - our people. Therefore, attitude and ambition are key personality traits we seek out, along with skill and aptitude, in potential employees.
We thank you for your interest in Maplesoft Group and wish to advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.