Located in the Toronto Carpet Factory (Liberty Village), Brain Box is a boutique web design and development agency that specializes in web applications, e-commerce, and marketing websites.
We're looking for a talented full-stack developer to join our team of designers, developers and digital strategists. You will be tasked with developing web applications, custom CMSs, APIs, and integrating the HTML & CSS produced by our front-end developers. This is a full-time, in-house position.
- 4+ years of experience using PHP.
- 2+ years of experience using the Laravel PHP framework.
- 1+ year of experience using Vue.js.
- Comprehensive understanding of Object-Oriented PHP and design patterns.
- Passionate about writing clean code.
- Working knowledge of Git version control.
- Accurate time-estimation skills (re: projects).
- Ability to convert a design to pixel perfect HTML and CSS.
- Hands-on knowledge of responsive web development.
- Ensure and test the front-end code for required supported browsers and devices.
- Experience with MVVM frameworks (Vue.js, Angular, React) and developing APIs.
- Strong experience architecting and working with relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MariaDB, etc.)
- Ability to plan and manage the development process.
- Solid organization and time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- A quick study, and willingness to learn new things.
- Ability to thrive under pressure.
- Participating in learning and development opportunities.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Coach/mentor the team in standards and best practices.
- Embraces feedback and discussing the best approach.
Nice to have:
- Wordpress experience.
- A/B testing using Google Analytics.
- Experience working in an Agile Software Development environment.
- Ability to optimize an application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Worked with continuous integration.
- Experience doing code reviews.
- Client management experience.
Sound like a good fit? Send us your resume and work, and if we like what we see, we’ll contact you for a chat.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year
- WordPress: 1 year (Preferred)
- using Vue: 1 year (Required)
- Laravel: 2 years (Required)
- PHP development: 4 years (Preferred)