Hornblower Niagara Cruises is Canada’s ONLY boat ride to the mighty Niagara Falls.
At Hornblower Niagara Cruises, we have a team of amazing people who work together to create memorable and lasting experiences for our guests who visit us from all over the world. Our commitment to quality, safety and the environment is reflective in everything that we do! If you are an enthusiastic team player who thrives in a work environment where communication, creativity and cooperation are encouraged, we may just have the opportunity for you!
The Guest Experience Ambassador is responsible for guiding and assisting with the flow of passengers from the upper and lower level areas. The Ambassador will provide exceptional customer service, assist with crowd control, answer guest inquiries and ensures a safe and secure environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- collects tickets, distributes ponchos an provides Captains with guest counts
- leads and escorts various group arrival tours from upper plaza to Hornblower landing when necessary. Ensure group remains together and board together when/if possible
- provide information on all Hornblower Niagara Cruises retail and tour offers
- ability to work on land and water
- safely boards customers onto elevators upon arrival and exit
- demonstrate a positive attitude and enjoys serving our guests in a fun and relaxing environment
- greets guests, assists with special needs and resolves any concerns within scope of reference, forwarding any issues requiring escalation to Supervisor
- assists with replenishment of supplies and stock
- maintains clean and safe work environment
- answers guest inquiries and provides information to assist them with making choices regarding shopping, dining and site seeing
- practices empowerment to solve a guest problem immediately and ensure guest satisfaction
- ability to respond in a professional and efficient manner to any emergency or safety situation
- attends mandatory training classes and department meetings as scheduled my department management Participates in set daily training talks, pre-shift and applies learning to job specifications
- completes all other duties assigned
- O.S.S.D or equivalent as recognized by the Ministry of Education
- minimum two (2) years working experience in a customer service environment (preferable in hospitality/tourism)
- excellent organizational and troubleshooting skills
- good communication and customer engagement skills
- knowledge of another language in addition to English is preferred
Hornblower Niagara Cruises is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate your needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application or interview processes, please contact Human Resources at 905-394-3108 for assistance.
We welcome all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.