Coordinator of Food Services
Full-time Position (37.5 hours per week)
Full-time Food Service Lead staff required. Shifts include weekends, evenings and some holidays. Successful candidate must be available for all shifts.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
Food Service education combined with experience
Excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
Reliable and able to work independently as well as in a team environment
Personal traits of confidentiality, courtesy, flexibility and patience.
All interested prospects should submit a resume to Adrian Sayers, Director of Operations by February 8th, 2019.
Please see below for full job description
In accordance with established standards and budget objectives, the Coordinator is responsible for the effective and efficient provision of food services for the residents of NDC. The position is responsible with the overall supervision of all food service staff and services.
- Certification in Food Service Industry, Experience in Management and Operation of a full service kitchen or combination of education and experience.
- Four plus years current and related experience with emphasis on staff supervision, mentoring, purchasing, menu development and inventory control.
- Strong knowledge of budget preparation and cost control is a must.
- Strong computers skills and experience with job related programs.
- ADP Payroll experience is an asset.
- Able to work independently with strong leadership skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare schedules and update schedules as necessary.
- Adjust staffing for special events and catering to outside groups holding meetings in the house.
- Oversee the catering of special events and to outside groups holding meetings in the house.
- Administer personnel policies in accordance with established standards.
- Working in conjunction with the Director of Operations you will be be responsible for hiring, evaluation, and as required, dismissal of personnel.
- Ensure the continuing education of self and staff members on food safety, sanitation, WHMIS,
- Hold regular staff meetings, a minimum of every second month.
- Conduct yearly performance appraisals for all dietary staff in January of each year.
- Ensure hours worked coincide with budgeted staffing hours, reviewing staff to client ratios yearly.
- Approve of extra hours, and overtime hours as required.
- Establish and make adjustments to work routines, procedures to maintain a safe and sanitary food service.
- Train staff in various skills and ensure continued maintenance of those skills to ensure for adequate coverage of all positions.
- Work with Assistant Coordinator to develop a nutritional rotational menu of 4 weeks.
- Evaluate the Sisters acceptance of menu items, make recommendations and adjust as required.
- Work with Heath Care Department on the food and nutrition needs of residents on 3rd floor
- Modify and post weekly menus to ensure efficient food service.
- Ensure standards are met to ensure the safety, sanitation and cleanliness of the food and production environment.
- Communicate with Director of Operations any issues regarding suppliers.
- Post and verbally communicate changes to the production schedule using communication binder, for caterings, etc.
- Create and update standardized recipes as required.
- Ensure that all food service staff are oriented and trained to enable attainment of an acceptable productivity ration and acceptable standards of operation.
- Inspect the general cleanliness of food service personnel, utensils, equipment and work areas, and take any corrective action necessary in order to maintain a high level of hygiene and sanitation in accordance with government health standards and policy.
- Maintain inventory records weekly, using a sign out system for dry storage.
- Evaluate, maintain and correct all facets of production to maintain efficiency and standards.
- Maintain and update policy and procedure manual for Food Services.
- Develop, adjust and enforce routine cleaning by kitchen and Dining Room staff
- Develop menus to accommodate residents with special dietary needs due to illness or allergies.
- Ensure that kitchenettes in the residential areas are adequately stocked.
- Ensure that food costs and other budget expenses are calculated on a bi- weekly basis and that the appropriate reports are prepared and forwarded to the Director of Operations.
- Order all supplies for Food Service operation. This includes reconciliation of all orders.
- Ensure security of the food and supplies in your department.
- Reevaluate staffing levels a minimum of yearly to ensure efficient use of resources.
- Prepare and maintain standard costings for catering and charge accordingly.
- Other Duties as assigned
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time