Flexiti is one of Canada’s fastest growing fintech lenders. We aim to make our customers’ lives more affordable and help our retail partners grow their sales by offering flexible financing options. Through our award-winning omni-channel platform, customers can be approved instantly to shop with their FlexitiCard®, which they can use online or in-store to make multiple purchases, within their credit limit, without needing to reapply.
At Flexiti, we work hard, we love what we do, and we have some fun along the way! If you are looking for an energizing and innovative work environment with great people and big ideas, we’d love to have you join us!
To learn more about Flexiti, please visit www.flexiti.com
This position is remote capable within Canada or Argentina.
Flexiti Financial is looking for an Application Architect to join its IT team. Supporting the CIO, the Application Architect will be responsible for the design and creation of new applications as well as improving existing applications, run software tests, develop product prototypes and create technical documents relating to application development.
What you will be doing:
- Deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot core business applications, including application servers, associated hardware, endpoints, and databases
- Meet and coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to establish project scope, system goals, and requirements
- Develop, analyze, prioritize, and organize requirement specifications, data mapping, diagrams, and flowcharts for developers and testers to follow
- Translate non-technical requirements into clear, highly technical specifications and vice versa
- Produce all low-level design for projects and the necessary documentation (i.e. UML class diagrams, table design, flows, program specs, RAML, YAML, Swagger)
- Manage the set-up and configuration of systems
- Define and coordinate the execution of testing procedures, and develop test cases to serve the overall quality assurance process
- Provide documentation of all processes and training as needed
- Perform design and code reviews as needed
- Develop and implement maintenance procedures, monitor systems health, gather system statistics, and troubleshoot reported errors and alarms
- Perform design, implementation, and upgrades of information systems to meet the business and user needs
- Implement best practices for scalability, supportability, ease of maintenance, and system performance
What you should have:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or information technology
- 3-5 years’ experience working with information technologies and systems analysis, ideally in the financial technology industry
- Expertise in the design, development, and deployment of enterprise-level N-tier architecture in a Microsoft .NET Framework
- Strong understanding of design patterns and the principles of clean architecture (Microservices, API design, event driven, asynchronous, batch integration)
- Strong computer, hardware, software, and analytical skills as well as strong communication skills (written, verbal, collaboration)
- Proven ability to assess business needs and translate them into relevant solutions
- Proven ability to assess risk and implement mitigation plans
- Strong understanding and knowledge of the principles and practices associated with database maintenance and administration
- Experience installing, configuring, documenting, testing, training, and implementing new applications and systems
- Experience with relational databases (SQL) as well as knowledge of NoSQL (MongoDB is preferred)
- Experience with cloud computing (AWS or Azure) as well as working with 3rd party SaaS providers
- Working in an Agile development environment and an understanding of Scrum / Kanban
- Knowledge of MuleSoft with working experience being preferred
Why people love working here:
- An opportunity to be a part of an award winning and fast growing company
- An innovative culture that promotes autonomy and flexibility
- A dynamic team and working environment that provides ongoing support
- Competitive compensation package commensurate to experience
Flexiti embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or family status. If you require disability-related accommodation during the application or interview process, simply let us know and we’ll work with you to ensure you have a positive experience.