Our mission is to provide opportunities for persons with a development disability to experience a full life in as many aspects as they so choose. We will do this by providing supports and services, to the best of our abilities, either alone or in partnership.
Are you the type of person who values and respects the rights of all individuals to participate fully in their community? Do you want to be part of a progressive organization that puts the needs of the individuals it supports first, above all else? Inclusion Kamloops is moving people forward and requires your help in fulfilling our ongoing mission…….
Current Opportunity: Employment Counsellor
“This position is open to male and female applicants and this position requires Union Membership”
Nature of Position:
To support individuals to gain and maintain competitive employment in the community.
- Diploma in a related human / social service field
- One (1) year related experience required.
- Possess and maintain a satisfactory criminal record search clearance, including Vulnerable Sector Check
- Provide and maintain a clear Drivers Abstract
- Possess and Maintain a valid First Aid Certificate
- Possess and Maintain a Restricted Class 4 Drivers’ License
- Have the ability to assess individuals’ interests, skills, abilities and employment readiness as they relate to obtaining and retaining employment; identifies barriers to employment.
- Ability to provide support, coaching and skill development in areas related to obtaining and maintaining employment.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Knowledge in employment-related information such as labour market information, employment standards regulations and information on other community resources and services.
- Able to maintain related records in accordance with established policies; produces reports as required.
- Can create strong working relationship with local businesses and other stakeholders
- Performs other related duties as required; public speaking, engaging community and employers
Job performance must be at a satisfactory level and will be assessed in the fulfillment of above relevant job duties. Including evaluation reports and disciplinary records in accordance with Article 11.4(d) of the Collective Agreement.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $18.47 to $21.51 /hour
- Social Services: 1 year (Required)
- Employment Counsellor: 1 year (Preferred)