Nesters Market has an opening for a Produce Clerk at our location in Summerland, BC. This role is Temporary, Full-Time and reports to the Store Manager.
Clerks are responsible for providing fast, friendly service to customers in our busy grocery store.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Efficiently stock, rotate and display produce in a neat and appealing manner - including watering, trimming and merchandising to ensure quality and freshness
- Provide superior customer service to all guests
- Ensure a clean and sanitary environment
- Willingness to cross train and work in any department
- To perform other duties and tasks assigned, as consistent with the nature and scope of the position
Skills and qualifications:
- Previous retail or customer service experience in a produce / grocery setting an asset
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Superb customer service skills, with a desire to provide a great shopping experience for customers
- Willingness and availability to work a variety of shifts, including: Mornings, Afternoons, Evenings & Weekends
- Physically able to stand, lift and handle up to 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Ability to work in a safe and responsible manner
- Able to work independently or in a collaborative team environment
- Proven track record as a self-starter; dedicated and goal orientated
- Demonstrated high level of communication, interpersonal & conflict resolution skills
- Ability to ensure compliance of established company policy
- Excellent command of the English language both verbal and written
Our commitment to you:
- Competitive wages with starting rates based on experience
- Automatic pay increases based on the number of hours you have worked
- Flexible work environment to fit almost any schedule
- Room for advancement - all new opportunities posted internally first
- Company matched RRSP Program
- For full time positions: Comprehensive benefits package including Dental, Extended Health, Vision, Life Insurance, and Disability Insurance
Please note: We are accepting all applications, however the ideal candidate with have a flexible schedule with availability for a variety of shifts, including days, evenings and weekends.
If you feel that you possess the knowledge, skills and abilities mentioned above then we would love to hear from you!
- Respond to this job ad: applications go directly to the hiring team for the store
- OR Apply in person at: 13604 Victoria Road North, Summerland, BC
- Please be sure to include your work schedule availability in your cover letter
We would like to thank everyone for applying, however due to the volume of applications received only those moving forward to the interview process will be contacted.
keywords: produce, fresh, fruit, vegetable, customer service, retail, grocery, stock, merchandising, merchandiser, warehouse, full time, market, supermarket, convenience store, farmers market, front end, associate, store clerk, #readytowork, will train
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- Employee assistance program
- RRSP match
- This is a temporary position to cover an absence. Are you willing to work on a temporary basis?