National Defence - ADM (IE) - Real Property Operations Unit (Ontario)
North Bay (Ontario)
GL-ELE-02 - This is an inventory advertisement for casual employment. Casual employment is a temporary form of employment for a maximum of 90 working days per department in a calendar year. A casual worker is not eligible to apply to internal job opportunities.
$18.78 to $20.43 per hour (Salary under review)
Who can apply:
Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad.
When you apply to this selection process, you are not applying for a specific job, but to an inventory for future vacancies. As positions become available, applicants who meet the qualifications may be contacted for further assessment.
For this selection process, our intention is to communicate with applicants by e-mail for screening/assessment purposes (including issuing screening results, and sending invitations for written tests and interviews). Applicants who apply to this selection process must include in their application a valid e-mail address and make sure this address is functional at all times and accepts messages from unknown users. It is the candidate’s responsibility to provide updated contact information as required.
Our organization will only accept on-line applications for this advertisement. All job applications must therefore be submitted through www.canada.ca/government-jobs. For this advertisement, applicants will be required to provide information which is only accessible when applying on-line (namely the job questionnaire).
To submit an application on-line, please select the button “Apply Online” below. Persons with disabilities preventing them from applying on-line are asked to contact 1-800-645-5605.
The Department of National Defence (DND) is the largest federal government employer, offering over 70 different types of civilian career opportunities. DND's role is to provide services and support to the Canadian Forces (CF) in their operations and missions at home and abroad. As a civilian employee, you will be an essential part of the Defence Team. In this regard, the department fosters a work environment where employees have opportunities to grow, to learn, to progress in their careers and have job satisfaction over the long-term.
Intent of the process
The intent of this inventory is for casual employment only which is a temporary employment of 90 workings days or less in a calendar year however it may be used to staff determinate and indeterminate positions should the need arise.
Positions to be filled:
Number to be determined
Information you must provide
Contact information for 2 references.
You must meet all essential qualifications in order to be appointed to the position. Other qualifications may be a deciding factor in choosing the person to be appointed. Some essential and other qualifications will be assessed through your application. It is your responsibility to provide appropriate examples that illustrate how you meet each qualification. Failing to do so could result in your application being rejected.
The following will be applied / assessed at a later date (essential for the job)
Information on language requirements
A1 – Ability to effectively communicate orally.
PS1 – Effective Interpersonal Relationships
PS2 – Dependability
PS3 – Judgement
The following may be applied / assessed at a later date (may be needed for the job)
Possession of certification in one or more of the following:
AQ1 – Experience in a roads or grounds maintenance or construction environment.
AQ2 – Experience in repairing and installing chain link and page wire fencing.
AQ3 – Experience operating one or more of the following equipment:
b)riding lawn mower
f)scissor lift (special license)
In support of achieving a diversified workforce, consideration may be given to candidates self-identifying as belonging to one of the following Employment Equity groups: Aboriginal persons, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities and Women.
OR1 – May include, but not limited to repetitive lifting up to 30kg, wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) used in a construction/maintenance environment, standing, climbing, walking, lifting, bending, pulling and/or pushing, grasping, reaching, stooping, and crouching, sitting, colour determination, speaking and listening, and working in hot or cold environments for extended periods of time.
OR2 – Willingness to work shift may be required.
OR3 – Willingness to work overtime may be required.
Conditions of employment
Reliability Status security clearance
For some positions:
- Possession of a valid Class “G” Driver’s License for the Province of Ontario or provincial or territorial equivalent
- Ability to obtain and maintain 404 Driver’s Licence
- Must be willing to wear and utilize Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in accordance with safety standards and regulations.
- Willing and able to work at heights from ladders, catwalks, scaffolding, roofs and motorized manlifts; reaching, stretching, climbing and bending.
- Willing and able to crouch, crawl, stoop and bend while inspecting confined spaces, excavation sites, vessels, etc.
- Willing and able to work in hot and cold environments for extended periods of time.
- Physically, must be able continuously lift up to 30 kg.
1. If applicable, please identify the following on your application: substantive group and level; employment status; Personal Record Identifier (PRI).
2. Interviews may be conducted.
3. Reference checks may be conducted.
4. Applicants are entitled to participate in the appointment process in the official language of their choice and are asked to indicate their preferred official language in their application.
5. Candidate may have to travel to a specific location for the assessment/interview at their own cost.
in order to ensure that you are assessed in a fair and equitable manner in the next stages, please advise us if you require accommodation measures.
7. A random and/or top down selection of candidates may be used in the determination of those to be given further consideration in the assessment process-
8. Acknowledgment of receipt of applications will not be sent; only candidates who will be considered further in this process may be contacted.
9. Candidates must meet all of the essential qualifications noted in the Statement of Merit Criteria to be appointed to a position. A candidate may be appointed to a position even though he/she does not meet any or all of the asset qualifications or operational requirements. However, meeting these criteria is desirable and may be a deciding factor in choosing the person to be appointed.
The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, it promotes employment equity and encourages candidates to indicate voluntarily on their application if they are a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group.
The Public Service of Canada is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity or testing, you should advise the Public Service Commission or the departmental official in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Preference will be given to veterans and to Canadian citizens, in that order.
Information on the preference to veterans
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.