Job Title Senior Marketing and Communications Specialist (Program Specialist II) 2 Year Term
Working under the direction of the Executive Director, Calgary Campus, the Marketing and Communications Specialist (MCS) is responsible for the development, implementation, coordination and delivery of all marketing, communications and media relations initiatives in support of the Calgary Campus to ensure that target audiences are informed about academic programs, events/activities, faculty achievements, and its collaborations with community partners in industry to internal and external audiences.
The MCS is also responsible for ensuring adherence to and alignment with University of Lethbridge brand communications and marketing approaches. He/she will be required to work with senior school leadership, faculty members, administrative staff, graduate students, undergraduate students, external partners, contractors, as well as university-wide marketing and communications professionals, and media outlets. The position uses a high level of concentration and requires judgment in decision-making while implementing internal and external communications that impact the profile and reputation of the Calgary Campus and the University of Lethbridge.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Marketing and Communications %60
- Community Engagement/Collaborations and Partnerships %20
- Brand Development and Management %10
- Event Planning %10
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in communications, marketing, or related field; a combination of education and experience will be considered.
- 3-5 years of experience in the marketing and communications field, exposure to digital marketing channels (web and social media) is a MUST.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement strategies providing strong service standards to students and the campus community.
- Experience in producing a variety of communication and marketing vehicles aimed at various audiences such as: external/internal communications (knowledge of CP style), marketing collateral, web, email, e-newsletters and social media content.
- Excellent relationship management skills to work with a variety of partners from the campus community and external community members.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute small to medium marketing and communications projects from end-to-end.
- Exceptional writing, copy-editing and proofreading skills with high attention to detail.
- Experience with design and layout tools such as Adobe CS (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) and strong working knowledge of design principles.
- Strong understanding of digital analytic tracking and reporting.
- Web content management (using Drupal 8), create content platform, and basic HTML skills would be considered assets.
- Basic photography and videography skills would be considered assets.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Well-versed in event promotion and production.
The University offers a competitive compensation package with a full range of benefits.
Employment Group AUPE