POSITION SUMMARY – FRONT DESK NIGHT AUDITOR – 11PM-7AM
Position requires weekends and holidays
The Front Desk Night Auditor is responsible for the overnight operations of the hotel, verifying the accuracy of guest accounts, balancing charges and revenues, as well as assisting with all aspects of the front desk.
The Front Desk Night Auditor represents the resort in a friendly, courteous and helpful manner, ensuring efficient, responsive customer service at all times. The Front Desk Night Auditor may complete check in/check outs, reservation and switchboard service for guests and is knowledgeable and provides information on the many faces of resort operations, facilities, special events or activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Will greet guests in a friendly, professional manner ensuring expedient/efficient service is given.
- Answers questions and enquiries from guests and homeowners, across the counter and by phone.
- Check ins/check outs guests of hotel, suites, condos, members and RCI and encourages return visits.
- Is fully aware of the Georgian Bay Hotel’s facilities, activities or special events and encourages guest participation.
- Assigns rooms to guests.
- Authorizes credit cards or takes cash/debit deposits and adheres to policies regarding this for the resort.
- Posts charges to guest accounts and amends errors on guest accounts.
- Follows up on special requests from guests and ensures their needs are met.
- Relays pertinent information/informs Shift Supervisor/Front Desk Management of any potential problems or guests concerns.
- Manages and is accountable for a cash float.
- Sells small tuck shop items (coffee, laundry soap etc.).
- Receives payment for guest accounts, amends any errors, and ensures that accounts are paid in full upon guest departures.
- Directs guests to condos, rooms, suites and inquires if help is needed with luggage.
- Ensures messages are passed on to hotel guests.
- Ensures guests know how to process a wake-up call through their phone.
- Ensures guests leave satisfied by inquiring as to whether they enjoyed their stay. Specific problems should be dealt with before guests leave if possible.
- Answers reservations pleasantly and promptly, offering the most thorough but concise information regarding hotel rooms, suites and condos as well as other general inquiries regarding restaurant/lounge, recreation or special activities.
- Accepts walk-ins if rooms are available and is fully knowledgeable on rates to quote.
- Maintains pool towels when the laundry is closed by ensuring they are signed out and returned to the front desk. No one should take a pool towel without signing for it.
- Will answer incoming calls to the resort as necessary.
- Maintains front office area in a clean and professional manner, free from dust and clutter.
- Adheres to uniform/dress code.
- Helps in training new employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Verify revenue from all sources is accurately balanced, follow up on any discrepancies.
- Post any transactions needed.
- Perform end of day procedures
- Produce daily reports for departments.
- Adheres to all of the mandatory written standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, memos, oral instructions and employee handbook.
- Because of fluctuating demands of the job, it may be necessary that each employee perform a multitude of different functions; therefore, as an essential part of your job, you will be expected to help others when the occasion arises, just as other employees are expected to help you. You may be expected to perform other tasks as needed or as directed.
- Adheres to all of the Health & Safety policies and procedures and works in a safe manner at all times.
OFFICE EQUIPMENT/MACHINERY OR TOOLS USED
Hotello/Opera computer front office system, phone, adding machine, photocopier/fax machine, P.O.S. machine and cash till.
All front desk attendants work in an office environment which can often be hectic, customers lined up, phones ringing etc. Many priorities are demanding attention at the same times. All are required to work weekends, statutory holidays
Internal: Communicates with Front Desk Management, co-workers and all other departments on a regular basis.
External: Extensive interaction with guests, homeowners, visitors and members.
- Minimum grade 12 education.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge/experience working with various computer programs and phone systems.
- Experience in customer service.
- Strong accounting skills.
This job description is not limited to those duties specifically listed, and can be changed at any time, in order to adapts to business demands or organizational changes.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 /hour
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- front desk/Night audit: 1 year (Preferred)
- Drivers License (Preferred)