Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us.
Enterprise Real Estate (ERE) provides a variety of services to support all of TD Bank’s business units across North America. ERE is responsible for the company’s retail and corporate global real estate portfolio, providing real estate strategies and solutions that align with the objectives of the Bank’s business units, always ensuring that service delivery is timely, cost effective and meets business needs. The Canadian Project Management team delivers all renovation, new construction projects for our retail and corporate locations.
- Provides overall leadership and direction for the operation, planning and development of construction project management, specific to programs, to meet TD goals and objectives.
- Key contact for projects in execution with local LOB leadership, Senior Vice Presidents and Operational support teams for execution status and escalations, working with CRMs as required coordinating completion and hand-off procedures
- Ensures the successful and cost-effective implementation and coordination of projects and programs
- Manages teams including outsourced vendors and suppliers assigning responsibilities and evaluating results; provides leadership, coaching, counseling and guidance
- Develops, assigns and monitors plans to ensure completion of goals and objectives.
- Ensures mitigation/contingency plans are in place for identified risks and recognizes organizational limitations and uses the corporate practices and policies to produce the best results.
- Develops and manages relationships with a wide range of executives, managers, business line end users, outsourced vendors and consultants.
- Responsible for business case inputs, documents (Designs, Schedules, Budgets, Risk Assessments, Scopes and Contingencies)
- Decision authority on bid methodology, contract scope, project delivery strategies, contract negotiation strategies and General Contractor selection
- Leads the integration of Architecture & Design, Transaction Management and Vendor Management in Project Delivery
- Orchestrates and manages all Project Stakeholders
- Ensures budgets and standards are current and maintained by the Project Team (Project Management, A&D, Vendor Management, Etc.)
- Partners with A&D leadership to validate that the Construction Documents align with the design intent (Brand, Specs, Standards, Guidelines, Etc.)
- Develops Project scope, budget, schedule and sequencing with Critical Environment Engineering Team, where applicable
- Works with Line of Business management to integrate all key line of business functions responsible for successful project delivery including Technology, Marketing, Security, ATM, etc.
- Organizes Project calls and meetings and maintains broad knowledge of the entire Project status and critical path (Strategy -> TM -> Design -> Procurement -> Construction)
- Relationship Management with LOB End Users from scoping, ground break through Turnover and Punch List Completion
- Travel to markets to tour construction sites to audit Project health, provide directional support and trusted advice when necessary
- Review and approval of financial reconciliation, change orders and invoicing
- Management of Project delivery Vendors with Bank Customer relationships and expansion of Approved Vendor Base (General Contractors, Architects, Engineers, Attorneys, Bank Vendors, Etc.) with Vendor Management
- Ensure legendary Customer experience, punch list completion and successful Project turnover to the LOB End Users and Facility Management Team
- Elevate the TD Brand through benchmarking, Industry networking, organization affiliations and active participation
- Identifies all project dependencies and risks ensuring that they are effectively managed. Ensures mitigation/contingency plans are in place.
- Ensures strict adherence to all managed capital and operating budgets ensuring no detrimental cost impact to TD.
- Plans and directs the ERE resources to ensure projects are delivered in a sufficient time to meet commitments to line of business plans
- Participates in special projects and and performs additional duties as required.
- Works with Real Estate Transactions, Strategy, Architecture, Legal and Finance to compile and submit project business cases for approval and execute the department and company goals.
- Initiates project evaluation effectiveness post-implementation.
"• Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Engineering, or Project Management preferred or progressive Real Estate work experience in addition to experience below.
- 10 + Years of related experience
- Knowledgeable and proficient with architectural and engineering documents including CAD documents, blueprints, schematics, with a strong emphasis on Building Codes and Regulatory requirements
- Effective computer skills with proficiency in some or all of AutoCAD, Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Access, Office 2000,), industry standard contract management and scheduling software
- Ability to create and maintain a detailed schedule
- Must be able to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize project and staff performance
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret complex business documents and respond to sensitive issues, complex inquiries, issues or complaints from internal or external business partners
- Ability to solve complex problems and deal with a variety of options in varying situations
- Advanced project management experience including problem solving, budgeting and scheduling skills
- Excellent supervisory and leadership skills
- Strong database, report writing and quantitative skills
- Advanced Knowledge of construction standards, work methods, equipment and materials, operating practices and applicable codes"
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Category - Primary
Enterprise Real Estate
Enterprise Real Estate
TD Canada Trust
TD Centre - TD Tower - 66 Wellington Street West