Fort Frances Tribal Area Health Services Inc. is a corporation that provides health care, mental health and addiction treatment services to the 10 First Nations.
The Director of Administration reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer and is responsible for managing all finance, human resources, information technology and administrative functions related to FFTAHS. This includes but is not limited to preparing all budgets and financial reports, conducting financial analysis, managing the accounting and payroll systems, and supervision over the administration departments. The Director of Administration provides full transparency and accountability to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Participate in the provision of effective strategic, financial and human resources planning and information by providing financial advice and guidance on budgetary restraints within human resource planning.
- Research, prepare and submit the FFTAHS annual budget.
- Provide comptrollership functions in order to ensure finances are managed according to the legislation, policies, and procedures and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Develop and implement purchasing practices and monitor the purchasing systems for transparency, accountability, accuracy, and report to the Chief Executive Officer all findings and recommendations
- Completing year-end adjustments, in conjunction with other Directors of Services.
- Present monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements for program managers, Chief Executive Officer and Board of Directors
- Manage the payroll system in order to ensure all staff are paid on a timely and accurate basis and that all payroll activity is within allotted budgets
- Provide a spectrum of administrative and financial system analysis to ensure FFTAHS is up to date in the best practice models for an organization of similar size
- Ensure and enforce the protection of privacy of personal information of the agency and its clients under the Acts; Freedom of Information and Protection Act (FIPPA) and Personal Health Information and Protection Act (PHIPA)
- Oversee the direct management of the finance, human resources, information technology and casual administrative employees of FFTAHS, by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- Perform other related duties as required and requested.
- University degree or college diploma in accounting, business administration, economics, commerce or a related field (MBA, HBA or other business accreditation preferred);
- Completion of a management training program from a recognized Canadian University or College;
- Three (3) years previous experience in accounting, auditing, budgeting, financial planning and analysis or other financial activities;
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a financial management position within a First Nation’s environment;
- High level of proficiency with accounting software, which include experience with accounts payable procedures and knowledge of automated accounts payable systems;
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Anishinaabe culture, teachings, ceremony, and practices or an openness and willingness to learn;
- Anishinaabemowin – ability to communicate effectively in Ojibwe a definite asset;
- Must possess valid driver’s license, good driving record, and be insurable.
- Must successfully pass a Vulnerable Sector Criminal Reference Check.
Requirements for Submissions
ON YOUR COVER LETTER, YOU ARE ENCOURAGED TO IDENTIFY THAT YOU ARE A MEMBER OF A FIRST NATION COMMUNITY. Applications must include a signed cover letter, resume, and list of three (3) EMPLOYMENT RELATED references (with at least one being from a supervisor). Interested applicants can forward their information to the Human Resources Department as per below:
P.O Box 608
ON P9A 3M9
Fax: (807) 274-9669
Deadline for application submission: Wednesday, November 27th, 2019.
Fort Frances Tribal Area Health Services Inc. welcomes applicants from people with disabilities. A modified space is available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. While we appreciate all who apply, we will only contact those persons selected for an interview. Miigwech, Thank you
Job Type: Temporary
- Fort Frances, ON (Preferred)