We're Growing - Join Us!
At SpeedLine, you’ll work with experienced, dedicated, fun people to create and support our innovative point of sale (POS) software products that help restaurant operators and chain executives across North America succeed. We're growing quickly and looking for talented people to join us in providing current and next generation POS solutions (built on the latest cloud technologies) that restaurant companies use to deliver millions of pizzas every week.
To help you achieve your personal and professional goals, as a SpeedLine Developer, we offer the flexibility to work locally in our Fraser Valley office, remotely from home (within BC), or a combination of in-office and remote.
Our expanding Development team is seeking outstanding software developers to help tackle the exciting technical opportunities ahead. You will be a key part of flexible teams developing a cloud-enabled platform in a highly collaborative environment.
We are constantly experimenting with technologies. Right now, we are heavily engaged in development using:
- Amazon AWS services including Lambda, API Gateway, DynamoDB, CloudFront
- Node.js, TypeScript
- Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL
Some Key Responsibilities:
- Application and infrastructure design, from concept through development and implementation.
- Data modeling, business logic, distributed processing to service messaging, system insights, data diagnostics, and beyond.
- Design and implement critical cloud-enabled front-ends and/or services & libraries.
- Build front-ends and/or server & systems that leverage Amazon AWS platform offerings.
- Evangelize best practices in cloud computing and end-to-end architecture and help build our growing development knowledge base.
- Support a continuous integration environment with automated testing.
Who You Are:
- Proactive self-starter who is passionate about solving complex challenges.
- Experienced in any modern programming language.
- Having great communication skills, both verbal and written.
- An open mind, always learning, and asking questions.
- Capable of managing your own time
Who We Are:
We are a leading tech employer in the Fraser Valley since 1990, and a Top 100 Tech Company in British Columbia, that prides itself in ensuring a work/life balance and personal growth for all of our employees.
The world market for pizza is $128 billion each year. Restaurant delivery is growing consistently in pizza, and explosively in the restaurant industry as a whole. That's great news at SpeedLine, where our local team develops, markets, and supports the leading point of sale solution for this large, technology-hungry industry. We have delivered software solutions to thousands of pizza, quick service, and multi-concept restaurants and chains.
- We deliver products and service that make our customers more successful. That’s our mission, and we work hard to achieve it.
- We work full, busy days, but outrageous long hours are not in our DNA. We believe in work/life balance, and we live it.
- Good freeway access means our head office is an easy commute from anywhere in the Fraser Valley. It’s a lot easier to have a life when you don’t spend all your time in the car.
- Our counterparts at our US subsidiary spend much of their time on site at customers’ restaurant locations and offices—but they work from a home base only minutes away from our headquarters.
- A great product and reputation attracts strong talent. All of that adds up to an attractive place to work—and an experienced and tenured team.
- Extended health, dental, vision care, as well as travel and life insurance.
- Annual salary and performance reviews, with regular one-on-one coaching sessions.
- Career development, comprehensive training, and tuition reimbursement.
- Ongoing refresher training and associate programs, to support your professional growth, career path, and long-term success.
- Company support for employee wellness, fun, and giving back through Health & Wellness, Green, and Giving committee events and initiatives.
- Regular onsite and offsite staff social events throughout the year hosted by our Social Committee.
- Comfortable, business casual dress.
- Customize your work space.
- Employee and peer formal recognition programs.
- Monthly staff breakfast or lunch events.
- An experienced team of 80+ employees averaging 6+ years SpeedLine employment experience.
- End of year holiday party with dinner and prizes.
- Free parking.
- Free employee Wi-Fi.
- Games Room with ping pong, darts, foosball, and rod-hockey, including tournaments.
- Multiple kitchenettes convenient to each department.
- Free coffee, tea, and hot chocolate
- Spacious main lunch room with fully functioning kitchen (don’t just bring your lunch, make it fresh) and a balcony to enjoy your coffee or lunch outdoors.
- Comfy, relaxing lounge with a big screen TV.
- Nearby shopping and restaurants.
Clearly outlining your relevant experience, please include, using PDF format only, your resume and cover letter with the subject line "Software Developer - Your Name".
No telephone inquiries please. Must be eligible to work in Canada.
We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
To obtain more information and view our “Working at SpeedLine” video, visit our website at www.speedlinesolutions.com/careers.
Job Type: Full-time
- Modern Programming Language: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Abbotsford, BC (Preferred)