The Pinnacle Hotel Harbourfront is looking for our next great colleague to take on the role of Room Attendant. A member of the Housekeeping team, you are incredibly well-organized, detail-oriented, and guest-focused. You have a knack for cleaning guest rooms to the highest possible standards, reporting maintenance deficiencies to ensure perfection, handling guest requests without hesitation, and ensuring the complete confidentiality and security of our guests.
- Cleaning guest rooms, bathrooms and making beds in accordance with established standards and procedures; replacing all linens as required.
- Removing trash, dirty linen and room service items.
- Dusting and polishing furniture.
- Vacuuming carpets in guest rooms and hallway.
- Inspecting the condition of all furniture for tears, rips, and stains; reporting any damage for immediate repair.
- Recording all guest requests (special requests, daily special cleaning times, extra towels and/or linens, etc.) for future reference and indicating all Do Not Disturb or refused service requests.
- Exhibiting a professional, respectful, and genuinely helpful demeanor in all interactions with guests and fellow employees.
- Filling the carts with supplies and transporting them to their assigned areas.
- Performing other duties, as assigned.
Qualifications & Responsibilities:
- Fluent English language skills; both written and verbal; excellent ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and openly in all interactions.
- A team player with proven success in relationship building.
- Ability to make beds, dust, clean bathrooms and vacuum within set timeframes.
- Demonstrated ability to work with maximum accuracy, efficiency and attention to detail, maintaining a keen sense of urgency always.
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 11.5 kilograms (25 pounds) without assistance.
- Capable of frequent bending, standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Previous experience in a similar capacity within an upscale establishment considered an asset.
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule to meet the business needs of a hotel environment, including mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Already hold the necessary documentation to work legally in Canada.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $20.66-$27.54 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Every Weekend
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC V6E 3T3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Housekeeping: 1 year (required)