Maritime Broadcasting System (MBS Radio) is a locally owned and operated group of 24 radio stations across Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island. MBS Radio’s portfolio of products includes on-air advertising, static and digital billboards, live on location broadcasts, websites, streamers, social media and moving forward, a variety of digital advertising products.
To sum up MBS Radio, we provide creative marketing solutions to our clients.
We are seeking a Digital Sales Strategy Manager (DSS) that will report directly to the Director of Operations. The DSS’s will identify and execute the digital strategy for the company moving forward. The role will be based in our Halifax Nova Scotia office with travel throughout the Maritimes.
The type of person were looking for:
- Strategic Planner: Proven ability to develop and execute competitive sales strategies, from creation through to tactical implementation.
- Big Picture Thinker: Advanced analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- Collaborative Communicator: Strong verbal and written communication skills, including creating powerful presentations and key messaging for executive level audiences.
- Relationship Manager: Able to forge strong partnerships throughout the organization and influence change.
- Project Manager: Proven track record of project management expertise in leading multiple simultaneous complex initiatives. Strong business and financial acumen with experience using financial modelling skills to create sound business cases.
- Proactive Self-Starter: Able to self-manage and prioritize deliverables.
- Presentation skills: Advanced PowerPoint skills and demonstrated ability to lead and deliver superbly crafted presentations to an executive audience.
- Completion of post-secondary education or graduate school
- Strong understanding of how all-current digital marketing channels function.
- Four to six years' experience in a B2B senior sales leadership role (preferably in the media industry with radio experience);
- Outstanding leadership and customer relationship skills;
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills;
- Must be able to demonstrate effective organizational and time management skills;
- Understanding of the creative and production environment;
- Excellent written, verbal, and oral presentation skills;
- Bilingualism is an asset;
- Ability to interact and achieve results with all levels of the organization;
- Ability to thrive in a 'family owned' entrepreneurial environment;
- Define, guide and direct the overall commercial digital strategy and performance of the digital business;
- Participate in the annual budget process to arrive at revenue targets on an monthly/quarterly/annual basis and for a three-year plan;
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with all key/national accounts/agencies;
- Significant travel required to participate in sales presentations, negotiations, and senior level meetings;
- Coordinate and execute sales meetings, and attend trade shows and conferences, as required;
- Participate in developing the company pricing strategy;
- Must represent MBS Radio by aligning with and living the company values.
The radio industry and the digital landscape is evolving. The ideal candidate will be someone who can lead a passionate team through this exciting evolution. This is a great opportunity to join a family run organization that is committed to serving local communities.
MBS Radio supports the principles of Employment Equity and is committed to ensuring our workforce is representative of the communities we serve. Women, aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities are encouraged to apply and to self-identify so we can work towards full representation of those groups within our company.
Interested candidates can response to this ad.
To learn more about our company visit www.mbsradio.com
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- RRSP Match
- Vision Care
- Digital Sales: 7 years (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19