EPC Capital is a premier real estate private equity investment firm founded in Edmonton, Alberta. Our Corporate strategy is to invest and acquire Commercial Real Estate, add Value through our expertise and deliver strong returns to our investors. Since the inception, EPC Capital has approximately $100 Million in Real Estate Assets under its management!
The Junior Accountant is responsible for working with the Corporate Controller, as well as collaborating with senior team members to generate relevant financial information for management.
Education and Skills
- Post-secondary Accounting or Finance diploma required; University degree preferred
- Strong team spirit, excellent communication and positive proactive approach to financial management
- Commitment and dedication to excellence as an accounting professional
- Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure, and ensure all tasks are completed on time and within company policy and procedures
- Accounting software experience is required, QuickBooks preferred
- Real estate or property management company experience is valued, Yardi experience preferred
- Ensure professionalism in all aspects of work, dress code and confidentiality at all times
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal direction from controller to accomplish the deadlines.
- Analyze, evaluate, and prepare the financial statements as per ASPE on monthly basis for all 30 subsidiaries.
- Organize the financial records as needed (digital & physical).
- Review the financial statements individually and prepare commentary on the financial results for the stakeholders. Commentary includes: variances year over year, month over month, current cash flow situation and any other material items.
- Present the financial results to the board members and stakeholders on monthly basis.
- Present forecasted financial statements to management on monthly basis.
- Assist the controller with full cycle month-end and quarter-end closing as per schedule.
- Prepare and manage the cash flow on an ongoing basis for all subsidiaries.
- Responsible for variance analysis (Actual vs. Budget) and (Current Period vs. Prior Year).
- Assist the controller with budgeting process. Prepare the budget by analyzing the current market conditions, and reviewing the actual results to achieve the overall goals.
- Responsible for inter-company transaction and reconciliation with the affiliated companies.
- Identify, analyze and conduct related party transactions.
- Analyze and classify research and development costs. Ensure that the appropriate costs get capitalized or expensed.
- Identify, analyze, and research any other accounting issue.
- Prepare account reconciliations for numerous accounts on monthly or weekly basis.
- Oversee and manage accounts payable/receivable.
- Analyze and post monthly accruals for all expenses and revenues.
- Prepare and analyze the GST remittance before submitting to Canada Revenue Agency.
- Responsible for ensuring invoices are recorded and paid on a timely basis to avoid interest & penalties. Reconcile the tax accrual liability and tax liability.
- Responsible for cheque run as required.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with internal controls.
- Assist management with designing and monitoring internal controls.
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting Office: 3 years (Preferred)