MH Cardiology Centres Inc. is a provider of high quality healthcare in the Southern Ontario region. Our commitment is to provide diagnostic care and imaging that will assist in the early detection of disease, plan patient management and effectively monitor treatment.
Currently, KMH is seeking a Medical Transcriptionist/Proofreader able to work full-time hours at our Mississauga location. If you are reliable, determined, and eager to start working and earning, then apply today. We prefer candidates with a minimum of 1 year experience.
Medical Transcriptionist/Proofreader Job Description
- Transcribe dictations, as necessary. Proofread transcribed report against dictation file.
- Review and edit transcribed and voice recognition software generated reports according to report guidelines, standards and procedures.
- Use reference tools available to ensure accuracy of the report.
- Recognize and highlight inconsistencies, discrepancies, inaccuracies, missing information and flag for reporting physician and/or physician coordinators, as applicable
- Review patient's chart for completeness by ensuring the requisition, datasets and signed consent form are scanned in.
- Verify the patient demographics, referring and cc physician information and make any necessary changes under the booking ID. Also verify comparison to priors and billing insurance information (as applicable).
- Communicate with referring physicians, nurse practitioners and/or physician assistants to relay abnormal/critical/stat results and document in the patient's medical record.
- Attend and participate at biweekly meetings with Executive Director.
- Ensure the strict confidentiality and privacy of records as they relate to the organization and its clients and ensure that all information collected is stored, accessed, and disclosed in compliance with appropriate laws.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Successful completion of a post-secondary degree in the health/life sciences or in medical office administration
- Works proficiently in a busy, fast-paced environment
- Adept at multitasking, setting priorities and meeting urgent/stat requests
- Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, diseases, symptoms and medications a must
- Excellent verbal, written and telephone communication skills
- Willing to perform other duties as assigned by the physician coordinators and manager
- Proficient in typing (over 60 wpm) and computer skills, including MS Office suite
KMH Cardiology Centers Inc. offers an excellent remuneration package including; competitive wages, company paid benefits, vacation pay, RRSP program with company contribution, and referral bonuses.
KMH welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
To Apply for this Medical Transcriptionist/Proofreader position, please click on apply now.
Job Type: Full-time