Position Title: Senior Renewable Energy Data Analyst
Reports to: Renewable Analytics Team Manager
Location: Vancouver, BC
Clir Renewables is seeking a talented, highly-motivated Senior Data Analyst to join our Renewable Analytics team.
Who are we?
Clir’s mission is increasing clean energy production globally, by providing clarity on renewable energy performance, and opportunities for optimization. The development of our industry leading cloud-based optimization and reporting is informed by deep domain expertise and understanding of customer needs. Founded in Vancouver, Canada, we also have team members located in Eastern Canada, USA, and the UK, and customers all over the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer: inclusion and diversity are core values at our company.
You can read more about us here: www.clir.eco
Who are you?
You have a keen interest in renewable power and want to help drive output up and operating costs down across the industry. You are inquisitive, like solving problems, and enjoy working as part of an open and collaborative team. You take pride in your work and are eager to mentor others and learn new things.
About the role
- As an analyst, you will help customers identify production-increasing improvements to their farms, monitor asset health and manage technical and financial risks.
- Work closely together with the Customer Success team to create analytics delivery plans for our customers and provide the most valuable analytics for them.
- Provide technical expertise on client calls.
- Populate our customer and internal knowledge bases with software tutorials and industry insight.
- Contribute to the growth of our start-up by working with our Data Science and Product teams, through testing and improvement of Clir's tools.
- We support flexible working hours and a healthy work-life balance. Some morning or evening work will be required to overlap with co-workers in different time zones, and occasional work from home is available by arrangement with the rest of the team.
You need to have:
- A love for working to understand our varied clients' motivations and needs and are at ease speaking with clients about optimizing performance of their renewable energy asset portfolio.
- A wind or solar analyst background and familiarity with tools used in the industry.
- Familiarity with data visualization and analytics tools, and at least one programming language.
- The experience and skills to mentor more junior team members and coworkers, drive and manage analytics projects and take initiative around improvements in processes or tools.
- Professional written and verbal English language communication skills.
- Legal right to work in the UK and/or Canada. Other regions can be discussed.
Expertise in one or more of the following areas would be considered an asset:
- Wind turbine control
- Wind turbine loading
- Vibration analysis
- Leading edge erosion
- Experience working with an OEM or as an asset manager
- Another area of expertise of importance for wind or solar farm performance optimization
To apply for an interview, please send us an email describing how your experience, personality and goals fit this job description.
We would like to thank all the applicants, in advance, for your interest in our company, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
*Principals only (we are not interested in contractors at this time). Recruiters, please don't contact.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent