**This position is a 3 month term contract with the possibility for extension**
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To supervise all clients, regarding their Individual Program Plan, educational plan and employment goals. This will include overseeing training, creating goals, facilitating life skills sessions and personal management and job coaching participants to success as required.
- Able to establish therapeutic relationships based on respect and trust
- Promote community inclusion, independenceand self-determinism for the individuals supported
- A key function of the job is skills training and building community connections
- Utilize problem-solving skills to work collaboratively within a team and with families
- Ability to lead individuals through a process ofself-evaluation and goal setting, assist with implementation of same
- Demonstrated understanding of support requirements specific to individuals with developmental challenges
- Ability to write clear, concise observations of behaviour
- Strong advocacy skills
- Proven computer skills
- Ability to use sound judgment and make independent decisions based on Policies & Procedures
- A valid Ontario (G) Driver’s License
- Current Police Vulnerable Sector Check
- Standard First Aid and CPR Level C Certificate
- CPI Certificate
- Post-Secondary in a related field or equivalent
- Schedule the hours, duties and vacation periods of clients in cooperation with the Sr. Employment Specialist
- Monitors attendance and punctuality
- Assists with the promotion of safety in the workplace, responsible for promotion of a safe workplace and understanding of the obligations set forth in the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Excellent interpersonal skills and maintenance of confidentiality is always required
- Assumes additional responsibilities as required
Candidates require minimum DSW diploma and grade 12 education. Preference will be given to candidates with experience working with people with disabilities and barriers to employment or candidates with a social service background.
An aptitude for working with people with disabilities and barriers to employment is required. Proven skills include written and verbal communication, ability to work under pressure, sound practical judgment.
The incumbent must be cleared by a police reference check for “Working with Vulnerable Persons”.
The position can be stressful in dealing with the individual needs of each program participant. Environmental conditions may vary with respect to noise and scents, but all sites must follow mandated safety requirements. Appropriate dress attire as described in the Human Resources Policies and Procedures is required.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary