Internal Position Title: Freeze Dry System Operator
Reports to: Chief Engineer and Plant Manager
Location: 5335 272 Street, Langley. BC
Freeze Dry System Operation
- Responsible for the processing of the frozen meat raw materials into the final freeze-dried pet foods and treats that meet specifications and standards.
- The position has the duty to ensure the quality, hygiene, and standards of the process and products are in line with the company’s quality assurance programs.
- Monitor the operation of the FD system.
- Load in and out chambers/blast freezer.
- Complete work record
- Identify problems during the production and take initiatives to solve the problems. Report to Plant Manager immediately if there is a problem need any support.
- In case of emergency, such as equipment breakdown or power outage, follow the SOP to shut down machines, and report the emergency immediately to the plant manager.
Equipment Inspection and Maintenance
- This position is responsible for inspection and daily maintenance of freeze-dry system, power system, pre-treatment, and post-treatment equipment, packaging equipment, and utility equipment.
- Monitor switches, valves, pressure gauges, alarms, gauges, and other instruments, measure temperature, pressure, and fuel flow, detect leaks or other equipment failures, troubleshoot in time to ensure the plant equipment is operating at the highest efficiency.
- Start and stop the control switch operation of each device, regulate the water level and communicate with the system operator, adjust the transmission load, frequency and line voltage
- Analyze and record instrument readings and equipment failures;
- Troubleshoot and implement corrective actions and minor repairs to prevent equipment or system failure;
- Lubricate the moving parts of the equipment with appropriate lubricants daily, and perform other daily equipment repair and maintenance tasks;
- Clean the equipment after repair and maintenance, including the ground and system pipes where the equipment is located;
- Fill in daily logs of maintenance operations, maintenance and safety activities and keep all daily, weekly, monthly and annual reports on maintenance operations, preventive maintenance, and unplanned maintenance and write reports on plant operations;
- Assist in the development of operation, maintenance and safety procedures.
- Report any unsafe Hazard or incident to the Health and Safety Officer/Supervisor.
- A minimum Refrigeration Operator Certificate or 4th Class Power Engineer Certificate.
- Has daily use of electrical and mechanical maintenance knowledge and skills.
- Familiar with applicable legislated regulations e.i. Safety Standards Act &Regulation, Power Engineers, Boiler, Pressure Vessel and Refrigeration Safety Regulation, etc.
- Good safety awareness and performance duties corresponding to legislated requirements.
- Knowledge of Word and Excel
- Speaking/understanding Mandarin will be considered a strong asset.
- Having a background in the food industry or food science fields will be a strong asset.
- Able to perform physical duties which may include lift at least 50lbs, kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting.
- Work in a temperature-controlled refrigerated/chilled workspace.
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends, and 12 hour-long shifts.
- Background checks and references will be requested.
You may need your own vehicle to come to this job as no public transit accesses our locations.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Refrigeration Operator Certificate or above (required)