Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Johnson & Johnson Inc., Canada is recruiting for Manager, Distribution Operations located in Brampton, Ontario.
This role will shape and lead all aspects of J&J Canada Consumer distribution operations and services provided through 3rd Party Logistics (3PL) Service Providers in the GTA. Reporting into the Director, National Distribution Operations, you will lead and develop the 3PLs through a customer-focused and continuous improvement strategy to unlock value for the business and J&J customers. You will ensure operations meet all quality and compliance requirements, Key Performance Indicator (KPIs) and that all duties are performed safely and in compliance with GMP requirements. This position will play a critical role in leading the 3PL relationship and build a culture of partnership and teamwork with the 3PL and J&J Distribution organization.
- Provides leadership to the LSP (Logistics Service Provider) ensuring operations are performed safely, efficiently, and in compliant manner to meet customer focused strategy. Collaborates with the LSPs to implement and execute processes and procedures that ensure warehouse operations are 100% audit ready and compliant
- Drives receiving, storage, order picking, cycle counts and on-time trailer departure to ensure all key performance indicators meet or exceed contractual targets and distribution activities and processes improve service and efficiency whilst minimizing cost and cycle time
- Ensures the LSP completes, accurately and on time, all regulatory, Corrective and Preventative Action (CAPA) and training requirements maintaining a zero past due position
- Collaborates effectively with multiple internal partners such as finance, customer service, quality, procurement, program management, transportation and commercial to drive improved customer experience
- Creates and delivers the annual financial budget in alignment with the LSP and finance, along with CIP targets, and tracks monthly performance to plan to create mitigation actions for cost over-runs
- Leads and/or Supports J&J supply chain End to End supply chain initiatives, ensuring inclusive participation by the LSP
- Leads monthly Business Review meetings and participates in Executive Quarterly Business Reviews
- Leverages North America/Global competencies, benchmarking studies and industry best practices to challenge status quo and champion process improvements to create customer value or new business growth opportunities
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Engineering, or Business Management
- 5 or more years of leadership experience in Logistics/Warehouse, Supply Chain, Manufacturing/Distribution Operations
- Superior verbal and written expertise and strong interpersonal and collaborative abilities to engage with individuals at all levels, across the organization, both internally and externally
- Proven understanding of Lean/Six Sigma Principles
- Good understanding of Warehouse Management Systems (SAP, Manhattan, JDA, etc.) and advanced excel skills
- Project Management, technical aptitude and the ability to see the bigger picture
- Understanding of quality systems in a Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) environment
- Experience in managing financial budgets, cost per unit and productivity metrics
- APICS, Project Management, and/or Six Sigma certification preferred
- Management of a 3PL relationship (2 Yrs) preferred
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Johnson & Johnson Inc. (7695)
Materials Management & Distribution