The GSE Manager will oversee and manage the Fleet Maintenance and Ground Service Equipment Department. He/She will be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of GSE, fleet maintenance and preventive maintenance while ensuring safety and compliance.
- Coordinates activities related to fleet maintenance, ground service equipment, heavy equipment to include operational performance, costs of operation and maintenance, operational safety, and compliance with environmental laws and regulations.
- Directs procurement of all types of company owned and operated ground service equipment, materials, supplies, and parts required to maintain equipment and facilities.
- Coordinates inspection, repair, and maintenance services to obtain maximum utilization of equipment and prevent operational delays.
- Consults with others to determine equipment and machinery requirements.
- Reviews and submits proposals for modifications to vendor or manufacturer.
- Coordinates activities of personnel involved in repair and maintenance of ground service equipment.
- Directs work schedules to obtain optimum utilization of personnel.
- Assist in the development of training materials and procedural manuals and conducts training and orientation as necessary for the Station's programs.
- Develops plans for efficient use of materials, machines, and other resources.
- Occasional northern travel.
- Carry out any other assigned duties as directed by the Director of Maintenance;
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Other Supervisory Responsibilities include, but not limited to interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work.
- Five years of experience in mechanical maintenance and repair in an industrial vehicle operation, including two years in an administrative or supervisory capacity;
- Previous experience supervising personnel;
- Previous ground support equipment is preferred;
- Strong organizational, human relations and problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrate leadership, communication, interpersonal and team building skills;
- Experience with OSHA Safety Regulations preferred;
- Ability to work across organizational boundaries to deliver results;
- Ability to plan and execute multiple projects/activities;
- Microsoft software experience required (Outlook Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc);
- Effective written and oral communication and presentation skills;
- Strong knowledge of Diesel Engines, Electrical systems, Hydraulics, Generators preferred
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Airport Security Clearance (RAIC).
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $70,903.00 to $78,781.00 /year