KBL Environmental Ltd. is a recognized leader in innovation, technology and environmental solutions. Our mission is to find unique ways to manage waste economically and responsibly.
We are currently looking for a Facility Supervisor at our Whitehorse Hazardous Waste Transfer Facility. This is a unique and exciting opportunity for a passionate waste management professional to join a dynamic team. Working with KBL provides a multitude of opportunities for professional growth through hands-on experience and training.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Facility Supervisor is responsible for the overall operations of the facility and yard, its employees, equipment and the management of paperwork both electronically and physically.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for enforcing compliance with all Health & Safety requirements to ensure worker safety at all times, both at the facility and offsite work sites;
- Planning daily tasks and liaising with the lead hand to ensure tasks and daily expectations are understood;
- Managing transfer facility yard and shop to ensure all waste is stored properly and within approved limits of permit;
- Organizing pick ups and drop offs for customers and managing the waste technicians’ schedules;
- Managing Preventative Maintenance Program including maintenance scheduling and record keeping;
- Ensuring the necessary paperwork is completed and accurate on a daily basis, including inventory maintenance for the facility and yard (Order Entry/ Purchase Orders, manifesting, and anything necessary for invoicing);
- Managing waste inventory (in and out);
- Customer Service, which includes customer inquiries, complaints and execution of work for clients;
- Taking a lead role in administering KBL’s Emergency Response program which includes but is not limited to: containing the situation, implementing a plan and managing the cleanup.
- Providing great customer interactions, both at KBL and while representing KBL externally;
- Generating customer quotes, and dealing with any pricing or waste inquiries;
- Maintaining supply stock (placing orders, liaising with distributors to ensure stock is available when needed, organizing freight and freight quotes);
- Completing toolbox meetings, weekly and monthly facility inspections, and reporting to L10 meetings weekly;
- Delegating tasks to waste technicians and lead hand to ensure the overall effectiveness of the facility;
- Communicating with transporters, arranging trailer delivery and pick up;
- Communicating with End receivers about loads, dealing with end receiver inventory discrepancies, pricing inquiries to ensure the most economical situation;
- Monthly facility and yard inventory: effectively answer any questions regarding inventory and be mindful of how things are being received (O/E) and sent (P/O);
- Reporting any and all incidents to the Operations Manager; and
- Handling incident reporting, investigations, near misses, completing required documentation, and working with the HSE Coordinator to close the loop.
- Must be able to follow both oral and written instructions;
- Must be physically fit and able to work in all weather conditions;
- WHMIS Certification – KBL will provide training;
- TDG Certification – KBL will provide training;
- NFPA 472 (Awareness/Operations) – KBL will provide training;
- Due to possible exposure immunizations are recommended;
- Class 5 Drivers license is required;
- Class 3 Driver license would be an asset;
- Must be able to give clear directions; and
- Confident understanding of industry.
What we offer:
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Opportunities for growth and development
The KBL team lives our core values each day: DILIGENT, RESOURCEFUL AND RESPONSIBLE. Our services are delivered with care and conscientiousness. We pride ourselves on thinking outside the box. And we strive to not only meet standards and expectations, but exceed them, all the while holding ourselves accountable to our clients. We encourage interested candidates to learn more about our Core Values by visiting www.kblenv.com.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Facility & Yard Operations: 1 year (Required)
- Waste Classification: 1 year (Required)
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods (Preferred)
- Class 3 Drivers License (Preferred)
- Class 5 Drivers License (Required)