is seeking a reliable, passionate team member to join us on the journey as a Lead Facilities Technician at our production facility.
CannTx Life Sciences is setting a new standard of quality for medicinal and recreational Cannabis products through a distinct blend of science, technology and innovation. From game-changing B2B technologies to best-in-class products, we are taking Canadian cannabis to the next level.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Lead Facilities Technician will be responsible for maintenance and upgrades to a cutting-edge 30,000 sq. ft indoor cultivation facility. They will monitor the facility using a building automation system (BAS), run the maintenance program, install new equipment, manage contractors and document facilities work.
- Monitor the facility using a building automation system (BAS) and daily facility walk through. Troubleshoot problems as they arise.
- Respond to work orders. Repair equipment or manage contractors doing repairs.
- Install new equipment (plumbing, mechanical, minor electrical) and do small mechanical and plumbing projects to support the cultivation team.
- Manage contractors during major upgrades.
- Use maintenance software to build a preventative maintenance (PM) program. Do regular maintenance, schedule and manage contractors doing PM.
- Document facilities work. Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and keep the operating procedures up to date.
- Combination of formal technical training from recognized Post-Secondary College and experience.
- Hands-on experience building or doing maintenance on mechanical systems (maintenance, fabrication, construction or other trade work).
- Ability to organize a project from start to finish: design, budgeting, ordering, managing work and validating results.
- Excellent problem-solving skills. Ability to systematically diagnose a problem and propose a solution.
- Supervisory experience as this position will have to manage contractors, work with staff from other departments and run small work teams for labor intensive projects.
- Strong communication and documentation skills. Competency with desktop publishing (word and spreadsheets) is necessary.
- Comfortable learning and using new software. You will be using a building operating system (BAS) and maintenance software every day. Some equipment and sensors have their own interfaces that you will need to learn.
- Knowledge of local suppliers, contractors and fabricators, or a proven ability to Network with local trades and industrial suppliers.
- Experience with maintenance software
- Experience with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) or experience working in a regulated environment (food processing, hospitals, government buildings, or pharma
- Experience with building automation software
- Experience with electronics, sensors or PLCs (microcontrollers).
Hours will generally be 8 hours a day, 5 days a week - 9-5 or 8-4
Occasionally employees may be required to work outside of regular hours (evening or weekend shift) to meet deadlines. Facilities staff will schedule on-call time, when they are on duty to respond to emergencies.
This position requires manual labor and may have to lift heavy equipment or parts to complete the work. Extended periods of walking.
Salary will be dependent on Qualifications and Experience
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Facilities/Maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)
- Ontario Class G (Required)