Provincial Zone, Chipman Building
3000310 FI Accounts Payable & Banking
Type of Employment:
Hourly FT short-assignment (100% FTE) x 2 position(s)
Admin Professionals Bargaining Unit - NSGEU
Posting Closing Date:
Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM on the Closing Date.
Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia. We are over 22,000 employees who provide health care and support services in hospitals, health centres and community-based programs throughout Nova Scotia.
Nova Scotia Health Authority provides health services to Nova Scotians and some specialized services to Maritimers and Atlantic Canadians. We operate hospitals, health centres and community-based programs across the province. Our team of health professionals includes employees, doctors, researchers, learners and volunteers that provide the health care or services you may need. This is accomplished across four geographic management zones which are responsible for the operation of acute care health centres and the provision of a variety of inpatient, outpatient services including academic, tertiary, quaternary care and community based programs and services including continuing care, primary health care, public health, and mental health and addictions.
Reporting to the Assistant Manager – Accounts Payable, the Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for carrying out assigned functional accounting and maintaining the integrity of information within the accounting subsystems in Financial Services. The Accounts Payable Clerk responds to and serves as a point of contact for customers and vendors.
The Accounts Payable Clerk ensures that the principles and practices that guide the Nova Scotia Health Authority such as the vision, mission, values, strategic directions, ethics, safety, quality, partnerships and interprofessional collaboration are integrated within the support that is provided by the work that they do and through the messages they deliver.
- Graduate of a recognized post-secondary business program with an emphasis in Accounting or equivalent
combination of education, training and experience in Accounting.
- Minimum one (1) year recent and related experience in a computerized Accounting environment in the past five (5)
- Ability to use MS Office (Word, Outlook and Excel), Accounting software and willingness to learn new programs
- Ability to use general office equipment
- Knowledge of Accounts Payable and General Accounting
- Demonstrated accountability
- Demonstrated judgment and decision making skills
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service
- Demonstrated communication and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated collaboration and teamwork skills
- Commitment to continuous improvement and innovation
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Demonstrated planning, organization and time management skills
- Commitment to promoting a culture that supports safety, ethical practices and organizational health
- Demonstrated good attendance in current and past employment
- Exemplary work history as demonstrated in current and past employment
- Physical capabilities to perform the duties of the position
- Travel may be required
Preferred (Considered an Asset)
- Experience working within the functional area of Accounts Payable
- Experience working within SAP
- Experience in a health care environment
- Competencies in other languages preferred; French an asset
Hours of Work
- Short-assignment, Full-time Position; 70 Hours Bi-weekly
- Approximate start date of November 04, 2019 and an expected end date of May 06, 2020
- Dates are subject to change
$21.2667 - $23.7947 Hourly
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Typically interviews are held within three to four weeks of the closing date.
Successful external applicants will be required to submit the below documents and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment. Additional documentation such as banking & proof of identity will be included in your offer letter.
Criminal Record Check
Proof of education & training certifications
Proof of any additional required qualification
Valid registration with the relevant licensing body
Submission of immunization record along with health assessment documentation
Proof of SIN number
Hiring Process will depend on the timeliness of delivering the above. This is a Admin Professionals bargaining unit - NSGEU position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions. Nova Scotia Health Authority is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment. Only online applications are accepted.
Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. Our priority groups are Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotians, Persons with Disabilities and Recent Immigrants. Members of these groups are welcome to apply and self-identify if they wish to be considered under our Employment Equity policy.
Follow us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/NSHA.Recruitment/