Caressant Care is seeking a Guest Attendant to join our accomplished team of professionals at our 42-bed retirement home in Fergus, Ontario. Under the supervision of the Registered Staff, you will provide our residents with support in daily living activities, laundry, light housekeeping and food and beverage service.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Responsible and empathetic
- Able to carry out verbal and written direction
- Able to work independently
- Good interpersonal skills
- Able to communicate effectively in the English language (verbal and in writing)
- Familiar with WHMIS, First Aid and CPR certified (or must become certified within first year of employment)
- Experience working with vulnerable people and/or handling medications an asset
- Able to cope with the physical demands of the job
- Suitable formal education
This is a temporary part-time position. Starting rate of pay is $19.73 per hour, with terms and conditions of employment per Collective Agreement.
This position has a shift schedule. Additional hours available through call-in procedure.
The successful candidate will require a current Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Screening.