As Western Canada's premier poultry farm, we hatch, feed, grow and process organic, specialty and value-added poultry products that are available to consumers through our family of trusted brands.
The Health and Safety Advisor is a multi-tasker that needs to be ready to handle any concern that comes their way. With the Support of the Health & Safety Officer the Health and Safety Advisor develops, administers, and implements occupational safety programs, and serves as the co-ordinator for the occupational safety programs within the Rossdown group. Initiative is a key characteristic for this role as they will drive to ensure the facilities are in top condition.
- Collect, input, and analyse injury, incident, Inspection, Safety talk data to identify trends and shortcomings
- Support bi-annual fire drills and/or natural disaster, sudden event and/or industrial accident practice drills
- Tracks safety issues and facilitates safety improvements
- Stop and prevent unsafe actions
- Maintain H&S Ticketing System and LMS Training System and co-ordinate the required actions with various groups as required
- Review of Paperwork from Supervisors, Managers (accident investigations, near misses)
- Maintenance and replenishment of all first aid supplies and equipment related/required to effectively respond to first aid requests and emergencies
- Coordinates hearing tests on an annual basis
- Ensures the health and safety policy, documentation and information is communicated and made accessible to all employees
- Document and Monitor the completion of each safety training program and ensure all staff who require the training have completed it
- Facilitates training resources relating to the various industry-specific safety programs and policies
- Employee training tracking, scheduling and delivering
- Conducts new worker safety orientation for contract, temporary, seasonal and permanent employees
- Supports New Worker training in relation to H&S on the floor
- Ability to multi-task in high paced environment
- Punjabi Language
- Experience in an office environment
- Ability to pay meticulous attention to detail
- Problem solving and analytical
- Five years experience in occupational health and safety in an industrial establishment.
- An understanding of the BC Workers' compensation legislation.
- Strong English communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office.
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
- Working towards certification, or already certified, under the Occupational Health & Safety Act/Regulations is preferred.
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites.
At Rossdown we seek diversity. Differing perspectives lead to challenging the expected, which keeps new ideas growing up. We’re an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic. We take pride in celebrating our diverse culture.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Vacation & paid time off
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Company events & social hours
- Employee assistance programs
- Education reimbursement
- Discounted/free food
- Company pension
- Disability insurance
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Flexible working hours
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Health and Safety : 5 years (Preferred)
- Abbotsford, BC (Preferred)