Winpak Portion Packaging Ltd., is a leading manufacturer of quality rigid plastic packaging for the food, dairy, and beverage industry. The Toronto plant (located in the northwest area of Toronto) operates a busy, 24/7, unionized thermoforming operation. We currently have an excellent opportunity for an Industrial Mechanic/Millwright, preferably with experience in a plastic manufacturing environment.
INDUSTRIAL MECHANIC (433A) Red Seal
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Industrial Mechanic is primarily responsible for performing a wide array of maintenance duties associated with ensuring that production equipment, and associated building systems are well-maintained, and fully capable of achieving optimum productivity.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and conduct preventative, predictive and corrective maintenance tasks.
- Comply with company policies and procedures regarding safety, GMP, Food-Safety and quality requirements.
- Repair/replace defective machinery parts, perform equipment adjustment, and fabricate parts when required.
- Perform routine maintenance work including inspection, identification and correction of abnormalities on equipment.
- Accurately close work orders (WO’s) and complete preventative maintenance (PM’s) work as scheduled.
- Perform production equipment tooling changeovers and line sanitation tasks efficiently and accurately.
- Work in a safe manner, utilizing proper tools and equipment for the task.
- Observe and identify any equipment/facility issues during regular functions; notify maintenance Supervisor and create work order to address.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area and report any deficiencies to Management
- Minimum 3-5 years of Canadian-related millwrighting experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Licensed 433A Industrial Mechanic in the province of Ontario (Red Seal) .
- Able to read mechanical and electrical drawings/schematics proficiently.
- Knowledgeable about LOCK-OUT/TAG-OUT procedures and practices.
- Must have own tools of good quality and in safe working condition.
- Ability to work on various test equipment.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Must be self-motivated and eager to learn.
- Supports others and positively contributes to a healthy work environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work at elevated heights.
- Machine shop skills including lathe, milling machine, grinders and various hand tools.
- Proficient at MIG, TIG and Arc welding.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment in order to drive performance.
- Must be trained in the following, lift trucks, scissor lifts and fall arrest.
The following assets would be considered valuable to this position:
- Familiarity working with CMMS/MicroMain.
- PLC programming; Allen-Bradley.
- HACCP, SQF, ISO experience.
- Automation/robotics experience.
- Experience with extrusion and thermoforming equipment.
Please note that this position is unionized. While Wages and Benefits are competitive they are non-negotiable.
Interested individuals are invited to submit a resume to:
Human Resources Department, Winpak Portion Packaging, 26 Tidemore Avenue, Toronto, ON M9W 7A7
Winpak Portion Packaging Ltd. is proud to be SQF and IMS Certified. We are also ISO 9001-2015 registered.
Winpak is an equal opportunity employer. Under our Recruitment and Selection Policy, we are committed to providing accommodations to persons with disabilities during all parts of our recruitment and selection process. If selected to participate as an applicant in the hiring process we will work with you at all stages of the process to meet your needs should you request accommodations. If you require accommodations please contact Human Resources at 416-741-6182.
Although we thank all applicants for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $32.48 /hour
- Industrial Mechanic: 3 years (Required)
- 433A (Industrial Mechanic) Red Seal (Required)