Working for BBA means being part of a team of talented people who have the passion to succeed and the drive to excel in order to provide first-class service to clients.
Recognized for its extensive field experience and cutting-edge expertise, BBA has been delivering a comprehensive range of consulting engineering services for over 35 years, from studies and design to commissioning and operational support. Our firm is supported by a network of offices across Canada to carry out mandates at the local, national and international levels.
BBA provides a stimulating and friendly working atmosphere. We focus on building teams with complementary talents and provide employees with a work environment conducive to developing their skills.
BBA is a Canada's Best Employer recipient from Aon Hewitt and is part of the prestigious Platinum Club of the Best Managed Companies, which unites companies that have held onto their title for over six consecutive years. For BBA, making the list speaks to the rigour of our practices and our unique approach to employee and client relations.
To find out more about BBA, follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our talent acquisition specialists: http://www.linkedin.com/company/bba_2.
Job Description :
As Network and Telecommunications Engineer, the incumbent will serve as manager and technical lead for various studies, audits, preliminary and detailed engineering projects in telecommunications for industrial clients and will ensure that cybersecurity standards and best practices are applied.
For network deployment projects, the incumbent will oversee coordination and planning of rollout and operational support for a range of telecommunications systems, including IT infrastructure and networks, Wi-Fi networks, wireless and wired IP networks (FO/copper), IP telephony, etc.
The incumbent will carry out the following activities:
Work Schedule :
- Participate in project scoping and proposals.
- Serve as Project Leader while technically contributing to project execution and studies.
- Take on quality control activities for assigned deliverables.
- Plan and coordinate work, from studies to commissioning.
- Help prepare lists and bills of materials in accordance with codes, standards, drawings and other established methods while complying with the firm's Quality System requirements.
- Plan and carry out testing for projects or at client sites.
- Produce technical data sheets at client sites.
- Get involved in commissioning.
- Provide technical assistance at project start-up and after delivery.
- Applies the firm’s health and safety policy and takes the necessary preventive or corrective measures to perform the work safely; becomes familiar with the firm’s prevention program; and applies specific job directives.
- Proactive and seek to excel
- Listen to and meet client expectations
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Show team spirit (knowledge sharing and discussions are essential)
- Structured and well organized
- Demonstrates commitment to health and safety
- Bachelor's degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering with a specialization in Telecommunications and Networks OR any relevant combination of education and experience
- At least five years of experience in telecommunications engineering and project management
- Knowledge of different network management and security protocols, routing and traffic analysis
- Knowledge of network management and operation software
- Familiarity with various telecommunications protocols
- Familiarity with network equipment
- Member in good standing of the OIQ
- Bilingual (English/French)
- Asset: Familiarity with network equipment configuration
- Asset: Knowledge of best practices in IT infrastructure design, such as server rooms and telecommunications rooms
- Asset: Knowledge of the ISA99/IEC 62443 standards
- Asset: Familiarity with Linux and Windows systems administration