Who is Askott?
Askott Entertainment is a full-service development company that combines our love of Esports with the regulated iGaming space. Having introduced the first esports daily fantasy site in 2014, we moved to develop a full suite of esports-first iGaming products. Well funded and growth focused, we are excited to hire for this key role.
Here is why people choose to work with Askott:
- The Esports space is growing exponentially, it's exciting to be building products as new opportunities emerge, and this experience will be on your resume forever
- The CTO is a co-founder, which means you will be highly involved in robust conversations on how to do things and how to make them better
- Askott is the direct opposite of "do as you are told" - you are not a widget maker here
- We offer all our employees competitive salaries, flexible work schedules, regular remote working, a generous flexible vacation policy and a comprehensive benefits plan.
- We use modern continuous integration and deployment processes, so users have your work in their hands early and often.
This is why this particular position is worth considering:
- Askott has more emphasis on the market itself and Esports- a young market, a start up company, a match made in heaven for growth
- It has that energy and buzz where the best people are wanting to work
- Lots of companies have their 1 product, 1 app, and simply adding features to it
- Here, it is really a collection of front end products and you will develop, edit, and improve them - the number of prodcuts is growing
- Whether it is adding live streaming or new scoring formats, there is exciting work ahead
If this resonates with you - please see if you are a match for this permanent, full time position.
- Implement new features and enhance the user experience across multiple clients using our React (ES6+), Angular (TypeScript), and SASS CSS dev stack
- Ensure code quality through unit testing, proper tooling, and peer code review
- Push code and see it go live the same week
- Work with a Product Manager and UI/UX Designer to refine scope
- Occasionally assist with the investigation and resolution of support issues
- Routinely give time estimates for what you're working on
Skills and qualifications
- 2+ years of industry experience
- experience with React (ES6+), Angular (TypeScript), CSS preprocessors (SASS, LESS)
- experience with git or similar VCS
- experience writing unit tests
- experience using secure, RESTful web APIs
- experience using Node.js and NPM
- experience with Grunt, Webpack, and front-end build tools in general
- You are a team player, open to various forms of collaboration
- You love to ship things
- You have a passion for technology and the desire to champion ideas and share your knowledge
- You take pride in your work and have an appreciation for the user experience
- You are receptive to feedback and are excited to learn and share with your colleagues
- You have the ability to learn new technologies quickly
- You are comfortable working independently in a small team
- Explicit experience with our stack
- Do you contribute to open source projects or have a passion project? Tell us about it!
We are interviewing immediately - please apply asap!
Job Type: Full-time