Classification & Regular Hours
Hours per Week:
Please note, this is a temporary full-time contract opportunity, with an expected end date of March 2022. Secondments are welcome.
Since 1878, Western University has been committed to serving our communities through the pursuit of academic excellence and by providing students, faculty, and community members with life-long opportunities for intellectual, social, and cultural growth. We seek excellent students, faculty, and staff to join us in what has become known as the "Western Experience" - an opportunity to contribute to a better world through the development of new knowledge, new abilities, new connections, and new ways to make a difference.
The RITS Team is responsible for the technology and infrastructure for the Office of the Registrar. RITS designs and develops websites and web services for units within the Registrar's Office and the Vice-Provost (Academic Programs) portfolio, and supports various initiatives across campus. RITS helps maintain the HE PeopleSoft instance and coordinates all HE PeopleSoft upgrades. RITS works with the large Enterprise IT systems — PeopleSoft HE, PeopleSoft HR, OWL, Laser Fiche, Microsoft, etc. — and collaborates with WTS and WISG on service outcomes for Faculty, Staff, and Students. The team provides complete system support and maintenance, business analysis, and client support by leveraging technological innovation.
The PeopleSoft Functional Analyst (Admissions) is a key member of the RITS team. Reporting to the Office of the Registrar’s Associate Director, IT – PeopleSoft, the incumbent is responsible for timely response, delegation and appropriate consultation for Higher Education (HE) system issues and to report and work with Western Information Systems Group (WSIG) to solve those issues. The PeopleSoft Functional Analyst coordinates and acts as a liaison between the Office of the Registrar Staff, the Admissions Structure Specialist, and the WISG technical staff (Developers and Database Administrators (DBAs)) to create project scope and specifications and help in the development and testing and final rollout to production of new functionality within the PeopleSoft system. The incumbent also investigates and creates plans in conjunction with WISG to upgrade the HE PeopleSoft system and coordinates data reporting activities for the Office of the Registrar.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Business or other quantitative discipline with a strong systems orientation or College diploma in Computer Science, Business, or other quantitative discipline with a strong systems orientation and with significant experience
- University or college discipline with a strong systems orientation is preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 2 years’ experience working in a technical role in a Higher Education environment
- Technical experience in a Registrar’s Office is preferred
- Experience in a production environment interacting with PeopleSoft or comparable system working with application tools is preferred
- Excellent communication skills to effectively interact with technical and non-technical users
- Ability to write clear, concise procedural documentation
- Ability and willingness to stay abreast of technological developments
- Strong client service orientation with a desire to achieve results
- Moderate knowledge of statistics and application of statistical tools
- Ability to analyze and synthesize sizable amounts of detail and data
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet tight deadlines and adapt to growth and change
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and achieve results
- Advanced computer skills including spreadsheet design, work processing and database management
- Possesses a reputation for resourcefulness with a strong sense of accountability and initiative
- Problem solving skills with a sense of urgency in resolving issues and getting tasks completed
- Multi-tasking skills to prioritize and consistently produce high-quality work within deadlines
- Strong problem solving skills including experience formulating and executing action plans
- Demonstrated ability to research and investigate issues and resolve problems
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with strict deadlines
- Ability to work independently and effectively as a member of the team to achieve department goals
- Interpersonal skills to seek out and build relationships with supported units, clients, and other stakeholders to improve service delivery
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of professionalism and to work effectively and efficiently with internal and external clients at all levels of the organization
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvement and actively support change initiatives
Western Values Diversity
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or phone 519-661-2194.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.