PointClickCare is the leading cloud-based software provider for the senior care market in North America. Driven by a passion for innovation and technology, we’re building solutions that have a true impact on people’s lives. Recently named one of Deloitte’s fastest growing technology companies and Canada’s best managed companies, PointClickCare provides vast opportunities and a great culture for our employees. PointClickCare is a dynamic environment to advance your career while performing meaningful work with great people.
So, what does an Account Development Representative at PointClickCare do?
Our Account Development Representative’s (ADR) are responsible for building the Sales channel by attracting and qualifying prospects who are evaluating or considering electronic health record products and services. This role plays a critical part in generating leads and collaborating on targeted campaigns to build our customer base.
The Account Development Representative will receive training on PointClickCare products and services, our sales processes, and will learn about the high growth senior care industry.
Meet our Winning PointClickCare Sales Team:
What do previous ADR’s have to say about being in the role?
“The ADR role proved to be the ideal stepping stone into the PointClickCare sales organization through the exceptional training program and exposure to the different markets we serve. The high paced nature of the role allows you to work with a large number of prospective customers and gain valuable market and competitor knowledge, which is a great asset in future sales roles within the company. Members of leadership also took a great interest in my growth and development.” – Adeeb, Business Development Representative
Can you walk me through a typical day of an Account Development Representative?
- Your day starts with personal development, as you use our web-based tool to answer a few questions about PointClickCare, our products, and the market we serve.
- Then, you’ll engage with your assigned territory of prospects to understand their business and look for opportunities to schedule a meeting for them with our Account Executives.
- You will use our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system to track progress, schedule activities, and document relevant information on prospective customers
- There are always new opportunities to contribute to the culture and business objectives of PointClickCare as well.
- Your day might also include taking a break and heading down to our gaming lounge to play a game of pool, hit the gym, play Wii or Xbox, ping pong, or fit in a few holes at our golf simulator!
What can I expect for a career path, and where might this role take me?
- Let’s start by mentioning that 25 ADR’s have been promoted into new positions in the past 2 years!
- An Account Development Representative typically progresses into a Business Development Representative, then to a Senior or National Business Development Representative. From here, opportunity continues into becoming an Account Executive, National Account Executive, Manager, Account Manager, or possibly any other area of the business that you might be a fit for.
Account Development Representatives are critical to PointClickCare because…
- You will help prospects to identify the need for change that will lead to increased quality of care for their residents.
- You will contribute to booking and revenue targets.
- You are often the first point of contact with our prospects, giving us the opportunity to establish a positive relationship and experience.
- It is the entry position into our Sales organization, which will provide organizational bench strength for other sales roles.
Could you be the Account Development Representative we are looking for?
- Ideally we are looking for someone who is goal oriented, driven, and positive. Someone who shares the same passion as we do for the industry we serve.
- You demonstrate exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- You demonstrate your accountability, so you are reliable in delivering on what you commit to.
- Experience using CRM systems would be helpful, but is not a requirement.
- Relevant sales experience 1-2 years.
- You hold a Post-Secondary Degree, preferably in Business or Healthcare Administration.
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Exceptional at building strong relationships at all levels.
- Strong organizational, planning, and prioritization skills are required.
- Volunteer work may be an asset.
- Continuous learning and development to build your knowledge and skills is an asset.
Why you would be interested in this role and PointClickCare?
- The need for long-term care is rising!
- 10,000 baby boomers will turn 65 every single day for the next 16 years. 10K baby boomers X 16 yrs. = 58 million new seniors in the next 16 years!
- ONLY 20% of residential care communities use an EHR platform, which means there is a ton of opportunity for you to dip into this untapped market and establish relationships.
- We are leaders in the industry, and only continuing to grow. If you are looking for opportunity to grow in your career, feel valued, and make an impact – PointClickCare is the place for you!
Please consider applying, even if you don't tick off all the boxes. We'll make sure to provide you with the best training for the skill set we need, as long as you promise to bring passion and your utmost dedication to work every single day. Having a diverse workforce only strengthens our culture and enhances our performance.
Working at PointClickCare goes beyond the resume, because the work we perform makes a true difference in people’s lives. We build innovative healthcare technology for seniors and their caregivers that improve their quality of life and well-being on a daily basis. We believe work is so much more meaningful when you’re doing it with a higher purpose.
It is the policy of PointClickCare to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. PointClickCare welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.