Minto Counselling Centre
is presently looking for a
Community Support Worker
in Iroquois Falls
Hours: Part Time (18hrs per week)
The purpose of this position is to provide a range of support services to an adult clientele with severe mental illness and severe difficulties in day-to-day functioning.
- Social and recreational rehabilitation;
- Crisis intervention;
- Screening and assessment of needs and strengths;
- Psycho-educational programs.
Qualification and other requirements:
- College Diploma in one of the social sciences;
- Registration or ability to register with ORPO or OCSWSSW;
- 2 to 3 years of relevant experience;
- Knowledge of mental illness and rehabilitation principles;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Experience in crisis intervention is an asset;
- Must be fluent in both official languages (written and oral);
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team and autonomously;
- Capacity to manage multiple priorities, thrive in a fast paced environment;
- Excellent problem solving skills;
- Must have a vehicle and a valid driver=s license;
- Police Vulnerable Sector Check clearance;
Salaries and benefits: According to the Collective Agreement.
Interested candidates must submit their application to Selections Committee.
Cette affichage est disponible en français sur demande.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $22.44 to $27.30 /hour
- English (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)